Greetings Ruth and all,
Linda is one of the lucky ones... She doesn't have to write up
detailed lesson plans at her school.
If she did have one written - I imagine it would follow something like this.
1. Present a brief biography of Austrian artist Gustav Klimt.
Here are some resources:
2. Show some selected images of Klimt's work via PowerPoint (Klimt is
not an artist I would let elementary kids surf for images - too many
3. Finish PowerPoint with images of Tree of Life - include studies
Klimt did. Include images of Tree of Life from other cultures -
Discuss similarities... discuss what the trees make them think
about... What was Klimt trying to communicate?
For additional images - look up India Tree of Life and Mexico Tree of
Life - you can also just look up Tree of Life
1.Students make sketches on newsprint of what their tree of
life/magical tree will look like. These will be their "studies"
2. Transfer best drawing to drawing paper (colored construction paper).
3. Color with oil pastels (and metallic pastels) - OR metallic
4. Write what is magical out their tree - include how they were
inspired by the Tree of Life by Klimt.
use gold scratch board.
Linda - if you see this - am I close enough?
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources