Jharkhand Human Rights Movement
C/o-Mr. Suleman Odeya, Near Don Bosci ITC Gate, Khorha Toli, Kokar,
Ranchi -834001. 0651-3242752 Email: jhrmindia@...
Ref: JHRM/NHRC/2013/17 Date: 25/05/2013
Mr. Satyabrata Pal,
The National Human Rights Commission,
Faridcourt House, Copernicus Marge,
Sub: requesting for a high level investigation and necessary legal
action on a case of death of a labourer Mr. Pushu Munda in the
explosion at illegal Stone Crusher at Khirabera village on 25 May,
I would like to bring your kind attention on the above said subject
that a labourer Mr. Pushu Munda S/o – Mr. Ramkishun Munda resident of
Gurgu village comes under Ormanjhi police station of Ranchi district
in Jharkhand died in the explosion at illegal Stone Crusher unit
located at Khirabera village on 25 May, 2013.
1. The incident took place on 25 May, 2013 when Mr. Pushu Munda along
with two other labourers – Mr. Shankar Oraon and another is unknown
blew up the live stone with dynamite. When the dynamite exploded, they
fell down from the top of the stone. Consequently, Mr. Pushu Munda
died at the spot and two other labourers got injuries.
2. According to Mrs. Bhima, the wife of Mr. Pushu Munda, her husband
was working in a Stone Crusher Unit located at Khirabera and going for
work at 5 AM every day. On 25 May, 2013 at 5 AM he had gone to the
site where he died due to explosion.
3. The Stone Crusher was illegally operated by Mr. Bablu Singh S/o –
Mr. Yogendra Singh resident of Khirabera comes under Ormanjhi Police
station in Ranchi district.
4. The Munshi (account keeper) and owner of the Stone Crusher are
absconding after the incident.
5. There are numbers of stone crusher units illegally operated at
Khirabera village. The owners of Stone Crushers neither have license
for crusher unites nor for use of explosive but they have been doing
the illegal business.
6. On 16 February, 2013 the police had thrashed 16 stone crushers in
the village and the FIR was also filed against the crushers’ owners
but no further action was taken. Consequently, all the crushers’
owners resumed their work. It seems that they have nexus with the
local police therefore; the action is not taken against them, which
led to loss of life of Mr. Pushu Munda.
Hence, it is a clear case of gross violation of the right to a
dignified life of Mr. Pushu Munda guaranteed by the India
Constitution. Therefore, I request the National Human Rights
Commission for the following actions:
1. A high level investigation should be done on the case of death of
Mr. Pushu Munda in the explosion at illegal Stone Crusher.
2. A case should be registered against the crusher owner Mr. Bablu
Singh under the section 302 of IPC, SC/ST Prevention of Atrocity Act
1989 and Arms Act 1959.
3. A legal action also should be taken against the Police officers of
Ormanjhi police station, whose inaction against the illegal Stone
Crushers resulted in death of Mr. Pushu Munda.
4. A compensation of Rs. 25 lakh including a government job should be
given to the family of the deceased person as he was the main earning
member in the family.
5. All the illegal Stone Crushers located at Khirubera and adjoining
areas should be stopped and legal action should be taken against the
I shall be highly obliged to you for the same.
PS: pdf file is attached.