We had a team discussion last week about how we can better support products in creative designs (visual and interactions).
Currently, the designers provide design iterations on daily basis. However, we found two issues for some designs:
1. The number of iterations becomes endless (almost)
2. At the end, the final design is still not very satisfying
We brainstormed some ideas to make the delivery better:
1. Write a visual design brief and review it with key stakeholders
2. Discuss among graphic designers and user experience designers to make sure we are on the same page
3. Give the graphic designer(s) 2-3 days to create several design options
4. Review the designs among graphic designers and user experience designers
5. Revise the designs
6. Present the designs to stakeholders
This means, the initial creative design will take about 5 days to present the draft design options.
Designers need some time and space for creativity. Daily iteration sometimes forces the designs to spend time on quality instead of creativity.
I appreciate it if you can share your experience in creative designs in an agile environment.