Position: User Experience Architect Location: San Francisco / Rohnert Park, CA Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com. + + + +Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2008View Source
Position: User Experience Architect
Location: San Francisco / Rohnert Park, CA
Interested candidates should send a resume to mjacobs@....
+ + + + + + + + +
NetBooks' mission is to revolutionize the way small businesses are managed. Using a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model, NetBooks addresses the long-standing need for a comprehensive, easy-to-use business management system for America's 5.1 million True Small Businesses (owner-operated firms with fewer than 25 people).
NetBooks has an immediate opening for a User Experience (UX) Architect, who will assist with the development of business requirements and translate those requirements into an innovative user interface that delivers an optimal end-user experience by incorporating user-centric principles and best practices for application usability. The UX Architect is the primary author of documentation that serves as functional specifications for prototyping, development, and testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in setting product direction and UI requirements based on business and user needs.
- Design and create UI models, wire frames, user task and interaction flows, screen designs and interaction details.
- Contribute to the development of the NetBooks UX standards and style guide; communicate and maintain those standards to ensure consistency and quality across the application.
- Design and participate in usability studies; Translate usability and field research findings into design improvements.
- Present design deliverables to project teams and executive leadership.
- Collaborate closely with product management, development, QA, customer support, and external customers to ensure the success of overall product.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in UX Design, Interaction Design and/or Information Architecture for software applications (preferably web-based).
- Strong experience eliciting, defining, and documenting business requirements and translating them into detailed UI functional requirements.
- Demonstrated experience creating detailed flowcharts, wireframes, and other interaction design documentation.
- Familiarity with current UX and usability research, theories, best practices, and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Rich Internet Application (RIA) technologies.
- Experience in designing and running user testing programs.
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal), organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and within a dynamic environment.
- Small business experience is highly desirable, as
is familiarity with accounting, order management, or e-commerce.
For more information on NetBooks, please visit our website at http://www.netbooks.com.