We have recently opened the following positions within the Ada County Sheriff s Office: * Field Services Technician (Kuna Substation) - Duties include toMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2004View Source
We have recently opened the following positions within the Ada County Sheriff’s Office:
- Field Services Technician (Kuna Substation) - Duties include to maintain various logs and enter a variety of data in computer databases; answer questions from the public in person & by phone and to write police reports. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age; have a high school diploma or equivalent; be thorough, accurate, and detail minded. Preference will be given to applicants who have significant experience using Windows software. Hours are Monday- Friday from 3pm – 7pm. On occasion, the incumbent will provide support for Community Policing events when needed. The hiring salary is $12.50- $14/DOE. Closes 9/29/04.
· Registered Nurse - Applicants must have graduated from an accredited School of Nursing and have one year of nursing experience in a public/community health setting such as a detention center, diagnostic center or mental hospital, accredited hospital, or equivalent experience in the community or public help. The salary range for this position is $21 to $24.00 per hour, DOE. Applicants interested in a full time position must be available to work any shift assigned. Typically, RNs work 4 10-hour shifts per week. Closes 10/8/04.
· Supervisor Jail Cook - Incumbents will direct, supervise and assist inmate workers in the Jail Kitchen preparing meals for a large number of people. Additionally, they are responsible for the planning and preparation of menus and ordering supplies. Applicants must be a minimum of 19 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Shifts include 3:30AM- 11:30AM or 11:30AM- 7:30PM. The salary range for this position is $12.50 – 14.00 per hour, depending on experience. Closes 10/8/04.
- Human Resources Technician - Duties include to provide assistance & guidance to management, employees and potential applicants on policies and procedures and serve as receptionist for the Sheriff’s HR Office. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age; have a high school diploma or equivalent; be thorough, accurate, and detail minded. Preference will be given to applicants who have significant customer service & Windows software experience. Hours are Monday- Friday from 8am – 5pm. The hiring salary is $10- $13/DOE. Closes 10/8/04.
- Drug/Alcohol Counselor - This full time position performs after-care substance abuse treatment & rehabilitative services for recently released inmates from the Ada County Jail. Qualified applicants must have bachelor level education in a related field (Psychology, Social Science, Criminal Justice or Sociology) with credentials in chemical dependency (CADC). Hiring salary is $16-$16.55/hour, DOE. Work hours are M- TH, 10am – 8pm.
For job descriptions and applications, visit www.adasheriff.org!
Sheriff's Human Resources
Ada County Sheriff's Office
7200 Barrister Drive
Boise, ID 83704
Job Line 377.6707
Sheriff's H.R. Mission
"We provide innovative and exceptional services to recruit, hire, develop and inspire the employees and associates of the Ada County Sheriff's Office."