I just got a DX5 and it's in mint condition cosmetically. However,
it has a major problem and I'm seeking anyone who might had
experienced the same with their DX5. I never had a DX synth before
As you know, the DX5 is basically two DX7(s) in one keyboard. Each
one has its own separate sound/voice generator and memory, etc.
They are referred to in the DX5 as A and B. My DX5 problem is that
B does not work! Everything works as it should be in A, but B is
I tried checking many things with no avail including:
- Moving the A-B slider in different positions
- Trying all various outputs (A, B, P, headphones)
- Trying voices in different modes, single, dual, split
- Trying voices from Internal, External, combo, etc.
Basically, even if I put the A-B slider all the way to B and the
volume all the way to high, I don't even get the hiss or buzz on
that channel. In the meantime, everything on the LCD that relates
to B is responding well to function and mode changes, etc.
- What seem to be the problem?
- How serious it is?
- Is it fixable and what parts, costs?
- Where should I go for servicing? I'm in Los Angeles / Ventura