IIID Expert Forum Traffic Guiding Systems 2008 Infoconnectivity - Intertwined information for interconnected transport networks The world s leading event inMessage 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2008View Source
IIID Expert Forum Traffic Guiding Systems 2008
Infoconnectivity - Intertwined information for interconnected transport networks
The world's leading event in the field
4/5 September 2008, Tech Gate Vienna, Austria
The now complete program rightly legitimates this year’s Expert Forum a must-attend event for all who believe that readily accessible and easy to understand customer information is key to the successful development of public transport.
Presenters will even go a bit further: Besides accessibility and usability they will address “infoconnectivity” for improvements with regard to gained speed and ease of passenger transfer between and within transport networks.
The event is organized by the International Institute for Information Design (IIID) in cooperation with the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology and OeBB-Personenverkehr AG / Austrian Federal Railways Passenger Transport plc.
Keynote speaker will be Prof. Hermann Knoflacher, Vienna University of Technology, Institute for Transport Planning and Traffic Engineering. His presentation is entitled "Infoconnectivity - the value of certainty and uncertainty for interconnected transport networks"
In the sessions "Cardinal Questions", "Design Concepts", "Solutions" and "Outlook" talks will be given by experts from eight countries.
Highlights comprise and include
- Information and Communication Connectivity in Public Transport – The Frankfurt Experience
- Planning the new Vienna central railway station: Requirements on passenger information
- Legible London – A prototype wayfinding system for London
- Infoconnectivity: A Multi-modal Trip to Babel / Methodological approaches: from information design to service design
- How a small independent railway station helps travellers all over Britain
- How to fulfill the promises made in the timetables?
- PROVET - An approach for providing personalised information in multimodal transport systems
- Personalized information systems in Japan
- Door to Door journeys: Current realities and future demands from passengers’ view
- Intertwined information for Interconnected Transport Networks: A Model for Education in Information Design
The Expert Forum serves the shared interests of designers/planners, researchers, educators, operating companies, transport authorities and the state that carries most of the costs of public transport networks.
The full programme, presentation of abstracts speakers’ qualifications and a registration form are available at http://www.iiid-expertforum.net/
Please register early. Standard rates will rise on 28 August.
The International Institute for Information Design (IIID), the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology and OeBB-Personenverkehr AG / Austrian Federal Railways Passenger Transport plc are looking forward to welcoming you at the Expert Forum on 4/5 September in Vienna.
IIID Public Relations and Events Coordinator