Dear Friends, This is to share with you our decision to launch a test version of a collaborative sustainable transport daily Africa Streets, aimed to furtherMessage 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2010View Source
This is to share with you our decision to launch a test version of a collaborative sustainable transport daily Africa Streets, aimed to further our good cause all over Africa. And while it is still only work in progress, may I invite you to have a look at http://africastreets.wordpress.com/ and tell us what you think, suggest, etc.
The rough template for this is the World Streets project which we started last year at www.WorldStreets.org. And there is a rough parallel too with our sister publication Nuova Mobilità in Italy which you can inspect at http://nuovamobilita.org .
While you can see if for yourself, let me point to a couple of tools that are already getting into place.
· Mission statement: This is today's post and is intended for your information and for your comments and suggestions:
· Languages; They are not perfect, but as you will see we have already plugged in direct machine translations for the continent's main language groups. Comments?
· Key Sources: You will see these listed in the right hand column: Blogs, program information, etc. Please share your candidates with us.
· Searching all key sources: This is a powerful tool in the form of a combined search engine which scans the content of all the "key sources" for your selected key words. As new sources are added, the CSE will be expanded to take them into account.
· Media: We are very interested to have videos, films, radio, etc. to share with our readers. All suggestions will be well received.
· Africa Streets Forum: You will see this under the New Mobility Agenda heading. We invite you to have a look. You may find it useful.
· Email subscription: This is an invitation. If you sign in there, you will see that you can chose to receive all individual postings, a daily summary, or a weekly summary. Your call.
That does it for now. There is still a great deal of work to be done, and if you jump in and lend a hand the results will be available for all.
8, rue Joseph Bara. 75006 Paris France | +331 7550 3788 | Skype: newmobility