please find attached our latest newsletter on Land Transport and Climate Change. In a couple of days, the annual conference of the parties (COP) will open itsDec 2 9:34 PM 1 of 1View Source
please find attached our latest newsletter on Land Transport and Climate Change.
In a couple of days, the annual conference of the parties (COP) will open its doors in Copenhagen. GTZ, UITP, Veolia Transport and TRL’s Initiative Bridging the Gap: Pathways for Transport in a Post 2012 Process will attend the meeting and raise awareness for transport in UNFCCC negotiations.
Please regularly check our new web page (www.transport2012.org) that will be launched on December 7, 2009 the first day of COP 15. The Bridging the Gap team is going to write a daily blog to keep you updated.
For those of you who intend to visit the climate talks from December 7-18, GTZ listed all land transport related events. The list is attached to this newsletter (and available at www.sutp.org/cop15). It will guide you through hundreds of side events, workshops and sessions.
As it is now likely that in Copenhagen no final agreement regarding post 2012 climate policy will be concluded, we will continue putting transport on the agenda during next year.
If you have not subscribed yet to this newsletter, please do so on our current website: http://www.sutp.org/bridgingthegap
Please do not hesitate to forward this newsletter to others that may be interested in transport and climate change.
For further information please feel free to contact Mr Daniel Bongardt (daniel.bongardt@..., +49 6196/79-1375)
- Land Transport Events at COP15 (see PDF attached)
- Transport suggestions to COP15 Non-Papers
Bridging the Gap - EVENTS
- December 05, 2009 Train to Copenhagen
- December 05, 2009 Towards a Low Carbon Transport System
- December 07, 2009 A role to play for the land transport sector in the post 2012 world
- December 10, 2009 The future for land transport
- December 11, 2009 Shaping the Future of Urban Transport
- Side Event on the Future of Land Transport
- UNFCCC-Executive Secretary Yvo De Boer about Transport and Climate Change
- Achieving Sustainable Mobility in Developing Countries: Suggestions for a Post-2012 Agreement
- IEA Releases Publication on Transport, Energy and Carbon
- Implementing energy efficiency policies – are IEA member countries on track?
- Webpage of the Partnership on Sustainable Low Carbon Transport launched
- Applicability of Post 2012 Climate Instruments to the Transport Sector (CITS) Project
- Financing Sustainable Low-Carbon Transport: A dialogue by transport experts
ABOUT THE INITIATIVE
With best regards,
Mobil: +49 (0)179 5805856 (E-Plus-Netz)
+49 (0)176 78038757 (O2-Netz)
Bridging the Gap: Pathways for Transport in the Post 2012 process