* After anesthesia, primitive consciousness awakens first: Brain structures that we share with many animals go into action first as awareness emerges,Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012View Source
* After anesthesia, "primitive" consciousness
Brain structures that we share with many animals go
into action first as awareness emerges, research finds.
* Coupled stars seen as chief diet for hungry
Black holes at the hearts of galaxies may grow by
swallowing single stars from pairs of stars, a new
* Earth-like planets could number "billions" in
Red dwarf stars host an abundance of worlds that
could hold liquid water, astronomers report.
* Planets from long ago puzzle astronomers:
Scientists have identified a planetary system that
they describe as a likely survivor from one of the
earliest cosmic times.
* Link between fast food, depression "confirmed":
A new study supports past research tying fast food
consumption to a greater risk of depression.
* All cattle descend from one small herd, study
Living cattle descend from as few as 80 animals
domesticated from wild oxen in the Near East some
10,500 years ago, a DNA analysis suggests.
* 2nd study links pesticide to bee epidemic:
Mysterious collapses of honeybee populations may be
explained, scientists say.
* Dolphins may be dying due to U.S. oil spill,
Dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico are showing signs of
severe ill health, according to preliminary findings
from a U.S. agency.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)