* New wide image of universe called unprecedented: A panoramic image is the most detailed picture taken of a region large enough to be representative of theMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2012View Source
* New wide image of universe called
A panoramic image is the most detailed picture taken
of a region large enough to be representative of the
distant universe, astronomers say.
* Feeding babies on demand may improve IQ:
Infants fed whenever they want may later perform
better in school than those who were fed on a
schedule, new research suggests.
* Newer generations increasingly selfish,
Money, appearances and fame are indeed the idols of
our time, new research suggests.
* Additional evidence of elusive "God particle":
The findings on the long-sought Higgs boson are
still not definitive, physicists caution.
* Did the Moon help doom the Titanic?:
An exceedingly rare astronomical event stacked the
deck against the ill-fated ship, astronomers propose.
* Trophy for toughest bite may go to T. rex:
The terrifying dinosaur Tyrannosaurus rex may have
had an even stronger bite than previously realized,
* A simpler name may help you get ahead:
Having a simple, easy-to-pronounce name may help
win you friends and favor in the workplace, new
* In night sky, a delayed replay of cataclysm
seen in 1830s:
When if first happened, cameras were barely
invented. Astronomers are now better prepared.
* Liars may be identifiable through their
Online dating might just get a bit easier if
participants learn a few sleuthing tricks, new
* Fasting found to help beat cancer in mice:
Nutrient deprivation may turn cancer cells'
relentless drive to reproduce into their own
Achilles heel, scientists suggest.
* Scientists reconstruct sound from dinosaur age:
A clean, high-pitched "ping" or chirp seems to
pierce the air when you replay a reconstruction by
scientists of an extinct cricket's song.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)