* Pre- Lucy fossils reveal secrets: The last common ancestor of chimps and humans was probably not as chimp-like as widely believed, researchers report.Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009View Source
* Pre-"Lucy" fossils reveal secrets:
The last common ancestor of chimps and humans was
probably not as chimp-like as widely believed,
* Hyenas cooperate better than chimps, study
The much-maligned, dog-like creatures may beat out
our ape relatives in cooperative problem-solving tests.
* Moon may have water:
Our moon is potentially not quite as dry as it is
traditionally thought to be, researchers say.
* Exotic life forms: looking for life as we don't
A new research group is devoted to finding out how
life might evolve using chemicals not found in
Earth-based life forms.
* Rough day at work? You might not feel like
If you use your willpower to do one task, it may
deplete your willpower for a totally different task,
* Key to subliminal messaging: keep it
negative, study suggests:
Subliminal messaging is most effective when the
message being conveyed is negative, according to new
* Torture may produce unreliable information:
Extreme stress appears to warp memories while
motivating suspects to say anything to stop the
torture, new research claims.
* Lower IQ's measured in spanked children:
Only part of the effect is due to spanking itself,
but still, laws should be passed against spanking,
some researchers say.
Invite friends to join World Science for free!
Just click here to open an invitation email that you can
send your friend or colleagues. Feel free to change the
text of the invitation (although you might want to leave
the subscription instructions unchanged.)