----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Gary kn4aq@...
Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 8:34:33 AM
Subject: ARRL/TAPR 2008 DCC Video Set Now Available:
ARRL/TAPR 2008 DCC Video Set Now Available:
The ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference
was a three-day conference held in late September near Chicago. It featured twenty-one presentations from hams on the leading edge of digital communication, including D-STAR, a variety of programs for packet, Winlink2000 and advanced Software Defined Radio.ARVN:Amateur Radio//Video News
captured every minute of the presentations on video,* and now offers them on six DVDs in high quality video and audio. You can order by credit card or PayPal at www.arvideonews.com
The presentations are grouped on the six DVDs in as logical an order as possible (listed below). You can buy the DVDs individually ($15/ea,plus $3 shipping, $4 international). Or get whole set for $75 (plus $3/$4
shipping). The complete set saves you $30 over buying them individually, after shipping cost.
Here's how the DVDs are laid out:DVD 1: Packet
DVD 2: Software Defined Radio
- Nick Luther K9NL – Weather Data Distribution over AX.25. Thought 1200 bps packet is too slow for images? Nick makes it work.
- John Blowsky KB2SCS – EcomSCS and GatewaySCS "real e-mail clients" for Packet Radio mail.
- Paul Wiedemeier KE5LKY – UDPcast for IP Multicast over Packet Radio. Better data distribution to multiple stations.
- Eric Westgard NY9D – It's the Network: Minnesota Packet/D-STAR Data Network.
DVD 3: Winlink 2000, D-STAR, APRS
- Matt Ettus N2MJI – USRP2 Universal Software Radio Peripheral.
- Paul Rinaldo W4RI – SDR Outlook. The regulatory environment for SDR.
- Scott Cowling WA2DFI – HPSDR Update. How HPSDR, TAPR, and AMSAT work together to develop cutting edge technology, and where things stand now.
- Jerry Shirar N9XR – Clocking the Data. How crystals and the Pierce oscillator work to stabilize your digital project.
DVD 4: AMSAT, Publishing
- Victor Poor W5SMM – Winlink 2000 Update. A complete rebuild to better handle emergency communications.
- Rick Muething KN6KB – WINMOR, a sound card mode for Winlink. Performance rivaling Pactor II and III; far less expensive.
- Bob Bruninga WB4APR – APRS Initiatives Since 2004. There's lots more to APRS than position tracking, and Bob has big plans!
- Pete Loveall AE5PL – D-STAR Uncovered. How D-STAR really works, from one of the K5TIT guys.
DVD 5: Introductory Sessions
- Steven Bible N7HPR – SuitSat 2 Update. SuitSat 1 was a rush project, literally "pushed out the door." SuitSat 2 will be a real satellite with serious capabilities.(It'll be pushed out the door, too.)
- Tom Clark K3IO – AMSAT Eagle GEO. Tom's proposal for a geosynchronous Amateur Radio satellite.Hint: 1200 MHz is now practically DC.
- Larry Wolfgang WR1B – Writing for QEX, QST. You've developed a great project. Now get paid to tell the world about it. Here's how.
- Joe Lynch N6CL – Writing for CQ, CQ VHF. A little bit lighter side of technical writing.
DVD 6: Sunday Seminar
- Mel Whitten K0PFX – HF Digital Voice. A good grounding in WinDRM, FDMDV and the AOR modem digital voice modes for HF.
- Mark Thompson WB9QZB – D-STAR Voice and Data. Answers your questions on how to operate D-STAR.
- Pete Loveall – DPRS. Pete wrote DPRS to better utilize the GPS and low-speed data functionality of the DV mode. ICOM makes direct use of it in the newer radios.
- Dan Smith KK7DS – D-RATS. Dan wrote D-RATS to make D-STAR low-speed text chat multi-platform. Then he threw in the kitchen sink.
- Phil Harman VK6APH – Software Radio "Through the Looking Glass." This is the full morning presentation of how the HPSDR Mercury receiver was developed. Mercury places the A/D converter at the antenna (after only a band-pass filter). So everything is done in software. Phil says performance is as good or better than the high-end commercial analog receivers.
Again, you can order the DVDs individually, or get the whole set. www.ARVideoNews.com
* The "D-STAR Night" presentations are not included. That content is similar to the 2008 Dayton Hamvention D-STAR Meetings
, avaialble on DVD from ARVN. Tom Clark's talk at the DCC Banquet is also not included.
ARVN: Amateur Radio//Video News
Gary Pearce KN4AQ
508 Spencer Crest Ct.
Cary, NC 27513