Village of Hvitskogar Minutes of the Thing
November 4th, 2011
Lady Finna's Home
Kathryn inghean Griffin-Chronicler, Marcial de Salas-Exchequer, Lady Finna Ittaniemi-Seneschal, Lady Vara Galla Bevon, Jeanette Jewell, Cassie Gibbs, Lawrence Brozzo
Today was our first time meeting on Friday. We will once again have the Ironwood Firehall Gym basement as a venue for holding our meetings and gatherings. It is reserved for us until the end of the year. So please take note:
Our new meeting place and time will be: FRIDAY NIGHTS FROM 5PM-8PM AT THE IRONWOOD TWNSHP FIREHALL GYM BASEMENT. The only date that it is not reserved is December 23rd, but that does not pose a problem as we do not intend to hold a meeting that day.
Norweldmere has invited us to a 12th night party in January. We were planning a culinary challenge as part of a 12th night party ourselves, but as we are now looking at possibly traveling to Phelps, we don't know how it would work.
Darkstone has unofficially accepted our challenge. They will set terms. Cassie suggested a New Year's Eve culinary challenge within the Village and the group agreed. It will be held the Friday before (Dec 30th) The theme is "Renaissance Ball". Food can be any country in origin but has to have been served at a ball or large fancy affaire. Not only will this be a culinary challenge, we are looking into possibly having dancing and music. A gift exchange will also take place. We exchanged names for the gift exhange. All gifts must be handmade and period authentic, or if you are purchasing something, cost has to be less than $15.
Cullinary challenge courses were drawn and are:
Cassie and Lawrence-any dish
Finna-bread and cheese
Name and Device
Has been submitted thanks to info received from Grimmund, we'll know in a year.
We discussed what is needed of us in order to become full status. We need to contact kingdom to find out for sure what we need to do. Finna will contact kingdom.
Done and submitted on time.
White Winter Winery
We haven't gotten in touch with them yet. Marcial has contacted Inner Sea to see if any folks are interested in adding to our numbers for the tour. Possibly taking place mid-February, will be discussed further.
It was a blast! A lot of contact and friends were made, there was also unofficial talk of us possibly hosting Danza next year. We can talk to Freydis and other folks to find out more information.
Kathyn and Vara will get together tomorrow to get it done. *note* It was done on 11/5/11
Ideas for future fundraisers were tossed around. A cupcake sale was suggested. Bake sales have been our best fundraisers. Maybe do one in Kmart again. Will be discussed further, but we tentatively proposed a Valentine's Day sale. We might have more business cards printed up before then.
Kathryn talked to group about possibly doing some sort of presentation for Olivia's class, be it dancing, games, or otherwise. Interest was expressed. Kathryn will discuss it with Rita.