Forming Group of Ketelblastr Minutes of the Thing Saturday August 15th, 2009 4:30pm Finna Ittaniemi s House In Attendance Hollie Salazar-Deputy Chronicler,Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2009View Source
Forming Group of Ketelblastr
Minutes of the Thing
Saturday August 15th, 2009 4:30pm
Finna Ittaniemi's House
In AttendanceHollie Salazar-Deputy Chronicler, Virginia Burgess, Tina Popko-Exchequer, JP Salazar-Seneschal, Lawrence Brozzo, Cassandra Gibbs-Chronicler, Amalea Kravetz, Kristian Popko
Daily Globe Article
JP posted his revision online and has received approval from the group as well as Cy. JP will submit it soon to whomever it gets sent to next.
Scattered Stones Newsletter
The only article needed is Lenore's MoAS letter to the populace. If it is not received by the deadline (tonight 11:59 pm) it will be cut out for this issue. 25 printed copied will be needed at this time. Hollie gave the group a quick preview of the newsletter and as of now it is 7 pages worth of content. Finna was asked to do a Finnish edition of the "how do you say?" article for the next issue. JP was asked to contact THL Cy about how many copies Darkstone will want.
JP wrote to Cy to turn down his offer. All we are waiting on is money. Finna asked Riva of Darkstone and she says that the best route is a check, which can be written out to us so there are no loose receipts.
Given the issue with Powdermill Resort, we discussed if we should postpone the group picture. The group decided that we will still keep the original date of 08/22/09 before the culinary challenge is set to start. Possible photograph sites are at Finna's house or at Lea's Dad's place over by Norrie Park, Tina's house being the most likely site. Please dress in Garb or armour!
The Culinary challenge is still on and will be held at Tina's house on Saturday, August 22nd at 4:00(ish). Tina will provide two wood fires and cast iron cookware for cooking if desired. Everyone has been working hard at researching their Authentic Spanish recipes and it is looking like this is gonna be a great feast! JP also offered the spices again.
Ketelblastr Device and Name Submission
JP wrote to Cy and to ask who to contact regarding submissions. Cy wrote back and JP then wrote to the Rede Boke Herald-Meister Gevehard von Baden whom supplied all the needed answers. JP relayed this info to the group and will get to work on submitting our device and name. JP also asked Don to provide the source stories for the name "Ketelblastr" as well as redesign the device so that we can have a clean and good looking device as well as a line drawing.
Given the issues with Powdermill resort, any and all plans for a mock event are on hold.
Letter of Appreciation
Ginny suggested we write a letter of appreciation to Rick Pearson and possibly the Condo board to thank them for the use of their facilities as well as to tell them how well Powdermill Resort has suited us in an attempt to further secure our home. The idea was well received by the group.
Trip to Darkstone
We plan to go up to visit our sponsor group, Darkstone, Sunday, September 6th to hand deliver our first issue of Scattered Stones as well as get some martial practice in.
The next Thing and Gathering is scheduled for Saturday, August 22nd beginning at 4:00 at Tina Popko's (Finna Ittaniemi's) House. On this day we will also hold our 3rd Culinary Challenge as well as a group photo shoot.
Greetings, Good People! I did e-mail my MOAS newsletter submission to Hollie. She should have received it well before the meeting; if not, let me know.Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2009View SourceGreetings, Good People!
I did e-mail my MOAS newsletter submission to Hollie. She should have received it well before the meeting; if not, let me know. Perhaps next time, barring any more computer problems - both have been giving us grief, mine will be first!!!! At the least, handwritten!
Sorry we missed the meeting. Don had to work. We will probably be down state the weekend of the 22 - family things...if Don can swing it.
It wouldn't hurt to begin another search for another meeting place where swordplay can happen indoors - just in case. It is unfortunate about the resort business. We may still be able to meet there. A letter of gratitude is a great idea - one to Rick and one to the Association.
(still researching a name...)