Forming Shire of Ketelblastr Meeting Notes Saturday March 28th, 2009 JP s House In Attendance Cassandra Gibbs-Chronicler, Lawrence Brozzo, HollieMessage 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009View Source
Forming Shire of Ketelblastr
Saturday March 28th, 2009
Cassandra Gibbs-Chronicler, Lawrence Brozzo, Hollie Salazar-Deputy Chronicler, John Paul Salazar-Seneschal, Tina Popko-Exchequer, Kristian Popko, Lea Kravetz, Virginia Burgess, Guyle Burgess, Toby Burgess, Olivia Salazar, Jackob Kravetz
More Fund Rasiers And "Mini-Events"
-We discussed the possibility of other fund rasiers in the future. Ideas presented were Brat sales, spaghetti/pancake feeds, and raffles, either 50/50 or regular. For the raffle, however, we will need to see what kind of liscence is needed, if any, as well as what SCA regulations may be involved.
-Another idea was proposed to hold a mini-event as it were to get some exposure in the community and create a positive image for ourselves. While it wouldn't be an official SCA event, it could be something our group does for the community. Proposed ideas were a Halloween fun frolic for kids, and an Easter Egg Hunt. It is too late to plan for the egg hunt, but it is an idea to keep in mind for next year. We could turn it into a partial fund raiser by accepting donations from patrons.
New Year's Ball
-After hearing Don's concerns and being in complete accord, we have decided to postpone a New Year's ball for this year. However we will still plan for next year so that we have less to figure out and have a great starting point for next year. We will also work on general things for the ball which we can use year round such as tapestries, decorations, etc. We will also look into Nothshiled groups to see if any branch has a musical group that could play at our ball. JP suggested Mr. Jeff Pockatt should his music be the right period.
-Rob Soderman suggested a few meads to JP that we could use and perhaps have Powder Mill Creek stock for our events.
-Taking Don and Lenore's suggestion, we will look into what it would take to even make a ball possible , attend events & help plan them, or work them, to familiarize ourselves w/planning procedure. The list of SCA events off of Northshield's website were read off & discussed. Plans are being made to attend Darkstone's Beltane event, as well as Mistig Waetru's Road to the Isle XIII event.
Mother's Day Fund Rasier
-We have agreed to hold a mother's day fund raiser, and intend to hold it outside of WalMart. The proposed date is the Saturday before Mother's Day since it seems the most profitable and conveniant. If the date is not available, we agreed to ask for the Saturday of the prior week. JP will go to Walmart tomorrow and book our date.
-It is agreed that it will be a combined bake and craft sale, seemingly focusing more on the crafts, which don't have to be period authentic. Cassie was asked to make more brownies since they sold so well last time, Tina may do some card weaving, Hollie may bring some christmas decorations as well as a hanging spiral decoration, and JP may make leather pendants. Other ideas thrown around were chain mail, jewelry, the selling of roses, gum drop roses and hershey kiss roses. Members will bring a couple definite ideas for what they will bring the the fundraiser next week.
-We could also meet on Thursdays to work on crafts for the upcoming fundraiser.
A Page In The Birchwood Alt. School Yearbook
-Having tallied the votes on the site, and voted at our meeting, the group has agreed to donate money to the Birchwood Alternate School. We will individually donate money and it is estimated that our members will pool together approximately $30-35 from our own pockets since it will be easier than filling out forms to withdraw from Darkstone's account since they now hold our funds.
-JP is already working on the full page ad which will be displayed in their yearbook.
Change of Officer Forms
JP notified the group of the change of officer forms that must be filled out by each of our officers in an earlier post. Today, Tina and Cassie filled out their paper forms and informed the group that they had already filled out their online forms. JP has filled out the online form but has yet to fill out the paper form. We will need Lenore present to give the third signature needed on all forms, and sign her paper form.
The Exchequer Quarterly Report
Due to a lack of know-how, the Exchequer Quarterly report will most likely be delivered late. We will enlist the help of Riva and possibly John, the former Exchequer of the group, from Darkstone to fill it out properly. JP and Tina may go up to Ashland tomorrow to seek help.
New Merchant Form In Wisconsin
Tina presented the group with an e-mail she recieved concerming event merchanting in WI. Wi vendor laws state that effective today, all branches holding events must collect s240 from merchants selling at their event in order to comply with WI state law.
Slight Snafu With Powder Mill Creek
The reason we are having our Thing at JP's house and not Powder Mill Creek is the fact that their board of directors was meeting there today. They may not know that we have been making use of their facilities and as such we face a slight chance that we might lose our gathering place. In the unlikely event that such a decision is made, we will gather our officers and petition the board, since our former permission apparently may not be sufficient. All in all, this has only proved to be a slight snafu at the least, and a problem we can readily face at the worst.
-A reminder: The polls for our future New Years Ball are still up, check up on them to see what opinions people have.
-Tina brought her card weaving projects, which pretty well awed the group.
-JP held up the beginning of the meeting with his cooking and Hollie did the same with her poached pears. Everyone else held up the meeting afterwards with joyful face stuffing of said food.Next Meeting
Ketelblastr will have our next meeting on Saturday, April 4thth beginning at 4:00pm at Powder Mill Creek. It will be followed by line drilling and no-contact drills which will begin after the meeting at Powder Mill Creek. As always, if some Darkstone Marshals show up, there will be some fighting going on in place of drilling!! En Guarde!
Also, let it be known that Don (D'Fence School of the Sword) will be hosting a foil fencing class on Thursday, April 2nd beginning at 6:30 pm at Powder Mill Creek. If you are interested in foil fencing, show up.