Dear Friends, It is retreat season! The theme is Words with Friends and we will explore these words: Kingdom of God, Justice, Faith, and Evangelism. OurMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2011View Source
It is retreat season! The theme is "Words with Friends" and we will explore these words: Kingdom of God, Justice, Faith, and Evangelism. Our Conference team is working diligently to prepare to best serve you and your young people at Eagle Eyrie this fall. Please see the attached flyer to share with your youth group, and read carefully through the details below:
NEW THIS FALL
· NEW: Each group is expected to bring equal numbers of toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, and soap (at least two sets per attendee) for Walk for Change
· NEW: Tooth Fairy competition--the group who raises the most money by Saturday morning will get to dress their leader as the Tooth Fairy! Leaders may also purchase insurance to counteract the money raised by their young people.
· NEW: Milk and Cookies--in addition to pizza sales, we will have milk and cookies for sale for groups to bake on Saturday night during youth group time (lodges have ovens in them!).
JOIN US / COME AND ...
· Discover who you are in Christ and who God is calling you to be
· Enjoy building new friendships with youth from all over Virginia
· Experience the exhilaration of powerful worship and Bible study
· Engage in life-changing and transformational discussions through small groups and the “Walk for Change”
· Participate in forums that will give you incredible ideas to use in your own local church and community
IMPORTANT FACTS / REMEMBER
· Registration begins at 6 p.m. (please eat dinner before you arrive)
· Event begins at 8 p.m. on Friday and concludes at 12 noon on Sunday
· Remember to bring extra money for the Youth Service Fund and merchandise sales (including $ for Tooth Fairy)
· Seniors and one adult leader (per senior) are invited to bring dress clothes for the special senior dinner (High School Retreat only)
· One adult from each church group will be expected to help facilitate a small group (materials will be provided)
· Additional information including release forms, what to bring, directions, schedule, and small group materials will be emailed to groups after they register.
· Retreat t-shirts are available for purchase in limited quantities
Alison Malloy Tim Dayton
CCYM Adult Chair Conference Youth Event Director