Some lindy hop announcements:
DANCE THIS THURSDAY
* This Thursday at the Hooch will be a big night - it's Zoey, Mandi, and
Tom's one-year lindy hop anniversary, so please come dance and help
them celebrate! 817 Queen St. W., 9pm, $5 cover. The band is the Hot
* Martin and Jane are starting a new series of classes tonight. Phone
them at (416)208-3279 if you're interested in signing up. I gather
there will be a level 1 class (8pm-10pm on Sundays, assuming there's
enough demand), a level 2 class (4pm-6pm on Sundays), and a "level 4"
class (phone for info). I don't think they're doing a level 3 class
* Peter Renzland is having a "semi-open house" at his studio this month
- all his lindy hop classes (Mondays and Wednesdays at 7:30pm) are
half-price. Call him for details, (416)323-1300.
By the way, any lindy hop teachers on this list should feel welcome to
advertise your classes here. Just write to toronto_lindy@...
* Zoey says that there's an open lindy hop practice on Wednesday
nights. Everybody is welcome to come; ask her (fishx@...
for details. The only catch is that every girl must bring a guy for
* There will be a group of U of T students meeting on Friday afternoons
or evenings (or some other time of week perhaps; we haven't fixed a
time yet) to practise lindy hop. We'll be meeting at Hart House.
This will be free for U of T students; everyone else is welcome too
but I think you'll have to pay money to use the Hart House facilities
if you don't have a U of T ID. Let me know if you're interested, and
then I'll keep you posted.
NEW YORK TRIP
* If you're interested in going to the Darktown Strutter's Ball in New
York on January 23, and if you'd like to get in on group travel
arrangements, please come to a meeting today at 2pm at Fruition (492
THE TORONTO_LINDY MAILING LIST
* We're up to 40 members! By the way, everyone is free to write to this
list. We don't want it to become a noisy environment for random
unrelated discussions, but if you have something to say which relates
to lindy hop in Toronto, please send it to the list by writing to
See you soon,