Sorry for the delay--I have been out of town.
pg. 77-78 (Flatonia entry): "The community of Flatonia, has its
origin from 1874 when the railroad extended its tracks from Houston
to San Antonio, Texas. . . The first Czech Catholic settlers were
Frank Pinter a tinsmith; Joseph Sander, inkeeper [sic]. Later came
Jiri (George) Matula now living in Yoakum; then Frank Fojtik, a
pg. 78 (Flatonia entry): "Business came to Flatonia from 25 miles
around and for that reason it grew very fast. At this time, many
Czech families came from Europe and not knowing the English language
many of the business places had hired clerks who had the duty of
attending these countrymen. These first assisting clerks were Edward
Boehm, Jakub Slama; Frank Simecek; August Gallia; Anton Fojtik; John
Bilek; Jack Nikl; Mathew and Albert Kubena. . . . Now  there
is also Dr. E. J. Pukrabek. . . R. J. Walla owns a bakery and food
store, Joe Hodanek Meat and Food Store; Stary & Fojtik foods. W. J.
Huvar & Polasek own a restaurant; Stary and Greive own a meat
processing plant and Meat Products. Frank Sebesta Cattle & Feed
Business and Anthony Albrecht lumber yard."
pg. 78 (Flatonia entry): "Karel Nesrsta former mayor; Rudolph Fojtik
for four years was a county commissioner and since 1926 is a city
secretary and treasurer. . . Frank Dusek was a postmaster for many
pg. 137 (Needville entry): "In the years of 1901-1902 few Czech
Catholic families moved here. . . First baptism recorded on the 13th
of March 1907 that of Rudolph Dubcak, son of John and Frances
Dubcak. First marriage that of Jaroslav Davidek and Miss Albina
Fojtik, on the 18th of July 1908. . . By the year of 1911, there were
some 30 Catholic families in this community. Joseph Fojtik; Thomas
Kostelnik; near Fairchilds the Kneitz family; Nesvadba; Vacek;
Stavinoha; Frank Horak and a number of others."
pg. 138 (Needville entry): "They all felt the need of a church near
to them. It was through the efforts of Father Demel that a church was
built in this little town in 191130x50 ft. Mr. Joseph Jojtik took
upon himself the construction of the church. Money came from
Catholics Czechas well as othernationalities, also from non-
Catholics. It was on the 22nd day of May 1912 that the church was
dedicated by the Most Reverend Bishop N. A. Gallagher of Galveston,
Texas. President (sic) at the dedication were Fathers Vaclav Demel,
pastor; Father G. A. Montreuil from Rosenberg; Karel Kacer fom Marak;
J. C. Kunc from Caldwell."
--- In TexasCzechs@yahoogroups.com, miladyolga@... wrote:
> If you have time can look-up the family name of Fojtik in the