Thanks to all of the Scouts who came out this morning to serve the pubic at the Lions' Pancake Breakfast. We got very positive feedback from both the Lions and the customers.
As I foreshadowed in yesterday's email message, we will not have Scout meeting Monday night. Please stay home and be safe.
At this point, we are still hoping to hold our "ground fire cooking" campout next weekend, but a few things have to line up first:
- I need to get an "all-clear" from the camp master that the camp has been inspected for safety. I don't expect to get this all-clear until at least Wednesday evening
- Once we have that all-clear, we need to have a camping prep meeting to line up cooking pairs/triples, tent mates, and have scouts pack the patrol boxes with the gear they will need for cooking over fires. The only viable time for this meeting is Thursday night, at 7:30. We will tentatively schedule that meeting now.
- We need to pack the trailer with that gear.
Since Scouts all shop (individually or in pairs/triples) for their own food for a ground fire campout, this means that Scouts are going to have to shop for that food Friday right after school, and then get their food and gear to the church after that. Given this scheduling change, we will understand if Scouts decide to skip this campout, but please don't come on Thursday, pair up, make a plan, and then cancel on Friday. If we pull of this Thursday meeting, we need a firm headcount that evening; it is not fair to your fellow scouts to say yes on Thursday and cancel on Friday.
We will keep you posted throughout the week via email. Call your patrol leader, SPL, or an adult leader if you have questions.