SimpleLiving-SFSouthBayPen is an email group for people living in the South Bay and Peninsula regions of the San Francisco Bay Area who are interested in Simple Living and Voluntary Simplicity. If this describes you, we invite you to join our group!
IMPORTANT: To help us fight spam, please include your ZIP CODE when requesting to join this group. (We've had a flood of fake membership requests lately.)
The mission of SimpleLiving-SFSouthBayPen is to:
- Foster a sense of community among people in the South Bay and Peninsula who are interested in SL
- Share information about local resources and events that are of interest to the SL community
- Help those who are interested in SL meet other like-minded people in the area
- Discuss local SL issues, as well as other topics of possible interest to the SL community, such as sustainability, frugality, consumer culture, environmentalism, community involvement/activism, YMOYL, and more
- Give and get help from your SL neighbors on anything from organizing carpools to sharing/borrowing/bartering/giving away stuff
- Be a support network for dealing with the "more-is-better" mentality of mainstream culture and especially Silicon Valley
- Organize get-togethers and have fun!
Our Events Calendar contains local SL events such as Simplicity Circle meetings, YMOYL meetups, parties, and more.
Our Links page lists local resources in the areas of Arts and Entertainment, Barter and Sharing, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), Dining, Environmental Organizations, Farmer's Markets, Freecycle, Gardening, Green Building and Sustainable Communities, Green Energy, Grocery Stores, Groups/Meetings/Activities, Kids and Families, Libraries and Used/Independent Bookstores, News Articles, Recycling and Reuse, School and Education, Simple Living Organizations, Thrift Stores, Transportation, and Volunteering.
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.