http://islandsingapore.blogspot.com/ Singapore 2004: The Year in Sex (so far) Perhaps it s slightly premature ejaculation, but www.islandSingapore.com isMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004View Sourcehttp://islandsingapore.blogspot.com/
Singapore 2004: The Year in Sex (so far)
Perhaps it's slightly premature ejaculation, but www.islandSingapore.com is celebrating its six-month anniversary (like they used to say, six months on the Internet is equivalent to, uh, a much longer length of time in the real world) with a special look back at the year's sex news that have rocked the island.
And what a watershed year it has been -- and it's only September. 2004 began with the conclusion of the country's two most bemusing scandals: Shankar Aiyar's molest trial and Steve Chia's nude photography.
It's a year of transition with a new Prime Minister and new movie ratings, but you still can't say 'panties' on radio. Human lingerie models pose in shop windows and a Singapore edition of Maxim threatens to join the growing ranks of cleavage mags on the racks. And we can now boast the hugest gay festival in Asia. This is progress? Hot damn, yeah!
Ironically, Singapore 2004 the year in sex is best symbolised not by any Singaporean, but by four American Caucasian women with wardrobes to die for: Sarah, Kim and uh, those two other chicks from Sex and the City. Considering the hubbub surrounding the award-winning HBO dramedy arrival on Singapore airwaves -- no, wait, it's cable -- you'd think the foul-mouthed foursome had invented sex or something.
Here then, after all that foreplay, are www.islandSingapore.com 's top 10 sex news of 2004 (so far):
1. Sex and the City premieres on Singapore TV after the sixth and final season has already aired in America. Whither censorship?
2. Cane and jail for TV presenter Shankar Aiyar, a 'hunting wolf in sheep's clothing', found guilty of molesting a colleague
3. Nominated Member of Parliament Steve Chia shoots himself in the naked ass. Poll asks 'What's the big deal?'
4. China prostitutes invade Singapore coffeeshops, neighbourhoods and Chinatown
5. Singapore men invade Batam for cheap sex
6. Oral sex law review
7. David Beckham's Singapore sex connection
8. Gays: in or out?
9. Teen sex: sluts, whores, victims
10. www.islandSingapore.com is launched