It is kind of difficult even to think that those who have believed in Lord Jesus and who study Holy Bible may not be Christians.
It is a very very difficult thought. I will try to explain.
"If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector" ( Matthew 18:17)
- During the time of Lord Jesus Tax-collectors were realy hated people. They were like ex-communicated. Here Lord is saying, some people are worth treated like Tax-collectors!!
- why shuold he be treated that way? It is Not for praying. Not for rejecting Lord. Not for studying Holy Bible. BUT For DISOBEYING Church.
- So Lord said this verse not about Hindus, Muslims or Jains. But about Christians who did not obey the Church.
Why is the people rejeted the bishops of the church be such hated?
"Holy Spirit has appointed you overseers in which you tend the church of God that he acquired with his own blood" ( Acts 20:28 )
-- the bishops of the Church are appointed by Holy Spirit. So those who disobeyed the synod, disobeyed the Holy Spirit ( The God)
Now you can see most "evangelists", have not stayed in the church.
Let us Look at another verse, By Apostle Saint Paul,
"But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach [to you] a gospel other than the one that we preached to you, let the one be accursed." (1 Galatians 1:8).
-- Let us think about this verse. Any one can preach to you. But unless it is EXACTLY SAME teaching as the apostles, you should not receive them! The burden of proof is ON YOU!! This is hard.
How do you know, some street preacher or ( TV preacher ) teaches is SAME as apostles taught?
We cant ask Lord. ( Lord is the Truth). We cant ask Apostles either, because they are not alive. So how do we know what is Truth and what is a lie?. Apostle guides us.
"Church the pillar and foundation of truth" ( 1 Tim 3:14-15)
- Yes, Apostle Paul is telling you should look to the church for Truth. Yes, the power given to church is enormous. Salvation is given to church. Ability to forgive the sins is given to church and so on.
-God commanded us to observe Sabbath ( Genesis) on Saturday. But Chruch changed it to Sunday, by this authority.
Again Apostle Paul continues
"Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you" ( Philipians 4:9 )
- In Order to have GOD OF PEACE one shoud do 4 things
1) one should do everything they LEARNED from apostles
2) one should do everything they RECEIVED from apostes ( by way of letters )
3) one should do everything they HEARD from apostles ( it is NOT written anywhere)
4) One should do every thing that they have SEEN apostles done.
( out of 4 only 1 is written in H. Bible)
Opposite of "PEACE OF GOD" is "WRATH of GOD". So those who DO NOT obey the above may have 'WRATH OF GOD.'
Holy Scriptures says atleast in 25 places it is not complete. I will quote only 3 or 4 , because of space constrains.
** John 20:30 says that Jesus did "many other signs in the presence of his disciples that are not written in this book".
** "There are so many other things that Jesus did, but if there were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written" ( John 21:24)
** "Until the day he was taken up, after giving instructions through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom he had chosen. He presented himself alive to them by many proofs after he had suffered, appearing to them during forty days and speaking about the kingdom of God" ( Acts 1:3). So what ever Lord Jesus taught in those 40 days are not in the Bible!!!
**"And when this letter is read before you, have it read also in the church of the Loadiceans and you yourselves read the one from Laodicea".(Colossians 4:16.). Where is this letter ???? It is not in Holy Bible.
You know, Holy Church was established on the day of Pentecost. Holy Bible was created ( as H. Bible ) by AD 397. So church existed for almost 400 years without Holy Bible.
- So when you study Holy Bible ( which is inspired Word of God) you do not learn complete teachings of LORD. For that you should look to Chruch
"And he put all things beneath his feat and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of the one who fills all things in every way" ( Ephesians 1:22-23)
-As God `fills' Christ, Christ in turn `fills' the church and the
Which is this chruch? There is only one church. Why? God being Truth cannot teach two differant disjoint doctirnes. Either there is priest or there is no priests. There is infant baptism or there is no infant baptism. There is prayer for dead or not. One set is true and other is a lie. Satan preaches lies and God is the Truth.
- So listen to the oldest church. Dont wander here and there. When Lord comes second time, be in the church and live as per church rules.
- There is no evangelists outside church. Church teaches Holy Scriptures by "Evengalion" ( = Good news , or gospel) every Sunday. Listen to it.
- if you know Malayalam , buy a "Holy Bible interpretation by Dr. Rev. Fr Kaniyamparambil. I am not saying it is 'very ntersting'. But who said, understanding God or His ways are easy?
- if you dont know Mal, visit http://www.socdigest.org/
it has good articles and bible study too.
Hope I am clear. Most important thing is to stay in church and obey it.
With prayers and love
I am really sorry if this was lengthy.