Sixteen Characteristics of Perfect Love, 1 Cor. 13:4-8
1. Love is patient: Patient under provocation, with no resentment (see #s 14 & 15 below).
2. Love is kind: Actively good, kind in word; kindness comforts, heals.
3. Love doesn't envy: Where goodness fills the heart, there is no room for envy.
4. Love doesn't boast: We are what we are by grace, 1 Cor. 15:10; no need for show.5. Love is not proud: In humility we wash one another’s feet, John13:14.
6. Love is not rude: Does nothing unmannerly or out of place; it is courteous, considerate.
7. Love is not self-seeking: Serving others sacrificially - this is the Spirit of Christ.
8. Love is not easily angered: Anger cannot rise in a heart that seeks to please.
9. Love keeps no record of wrongs: Oh the blessings of love that forgets suffered wrongs!
10. Love doesn’t delight in evil: A heart of love hates sin and has no delight in evil.
11. Love rejoices with the truth: Truth and love are happily wedded, bringing forth joy.
12. Love always protects: Love covers the faults of others when it is right to do so.13. Love always trusts: Love believes the best of everyone. 14. Love always hopes: Love keeps on hoping against hope, looking to God in faith.
15. Love always perseveres: Love empowers us to endure with long patience.
16. Love never fails: Love continues into eternity when gifts like prophecy have ceased.