Housing and Community Development Technician Annual Salary: $38,474 – $46,765 (Effective 7/1/04) The City of Gilroy is interested in hiring a Housing andMessage 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2004View SourceHousing and Community Development Technician
$38,474 � $46,765 (Effective 7/1/04)
The City of Gilroy is interested in hiring a Housing and Community Development Technician who will work under direct supervision of the Housing and Community Development Grant Coordinator, to perform a variety of clerical and technical skills that support the Housing and Community Development Program in Gilroy, particularly housing programs and Community Development Block Grant programs.
Deadline to Apply:
June 30, 2004 at 5:00 p.m.
Specific Work Tasks Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
- Process and track housing loan payments
- Provide housing referral information to the public
- Maintain project files
- Conduct outreach to recruit Housing and Community Development clients
- Provide support for neighborhood revitalization strategy programs
- Assist with statistical reporting
�Ideal Candidate Qualifications�
- Communicates effectively and tactfully in English and Spanish, in both oral and written forms
- Can establish and maintain accurate records and reports
- Has strong computer skills including experience with computerized spreadsheets, databases, and word processing programs
- Has Completed advanced educational training or has two years of work experience in housing, real estate, community programs or government agency administrative support
- Has an upbeat personality with sincere desire to help others by providing excellent customer service
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Three years of responsible office administrative experience. Additional education may substitute for up to two years of the required experience with two years of college coursework being equal to one year of work experience.
- Familiarity with the functions and procedures of a municipal program in the areas of housing, Community Development Block Grant, or other federal, state, or local grants targeted to low income communities is highly desired
- Keyboarding/typing speed of 50 net words per minute (must attach current, original certificate, dated six months or less prior of closing date)
- Bilingual English/Spanish is very highly desired
*Note: These are minimum qualifications. The City will screen for the most qualified candidates who will move on in the process.
Complete and submit a City of Gilroy Employment Application and an original typing/keyboarding certificate of at least 50 net wpm (dated six months or less prior of the closing date) by June 30, 2004 at 5:00 p.m. Postmarks will not be accepted.
To obtain an application or additional information, please contact the Human Resources Division at (408) 846-0228 or you may download an application here.
Final candidates will be required to complete a criminal records check, drug screen and a reference check prior to employment.
City of Gilroy, California
Tel. (408) 846-0400 Fax. (408) 846-0500
7351 Rosanna Street Gilroy, CA 95020
Map this address
copyright � 2004 all rights reserved
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage!