Note April 23rd deadline.
Department of Urban and Regional Planning
San José State University
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0185
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 04/12/2004 10:56 AM -----
PLANNERS NETWORK SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Planners Network is seeking a part-time paid student intern for
Summer 2004. The intern will prepare a progressive planning
"Disorientation" Guide for students and will assist with university
organizing. There is no fixed location for the internship - the
intern will be expected to work mainly from home. The intern will
preferably be a Masters or PhD level planning student who is a member
of Planners Network.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the preparation of a Planners Network "Disorientation"
Guide: a short publication intended to help students navigate their
way through professional planning education in a progressive and
critical way. The guide will include, for example, articles on
shaping your own progressive planning education, linking education
with activism, progressive planning careers, and organizing a local
Planners Network chapter. The intern will help write, solicit, and
revise articles for the guide.
- Establishing and maintaining professor and student contacts at
- Assisting with general university outreach and organizing work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- excellent English writing skills
- strong communication and organizational skills
- understanding of the process and politics of planning education
- experience with student and university organizing
- passion for social, economic, and environmental justice
- commitment to progressive and activist planning
- interest in continuing work with Planners Network beyond the summer
A modest stipend will be offered, based on the intern's
qualifications and available resources.
Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and short
writing sample (max 10 pages) to students@...