Symposium: "The Future Real Estate and Space Needs of the Bay Area
Date/time: April 25, 2013, 8:30 am - 12:15 pm
Location: San Jose State University
Speakers will discuss the needs, opportunities, and challenges that
the real estate development industry will face in meeting the Bay Area
high tech sector's evolving needs over the coming decade. Issues
explored will include the space, design, and locational
characteristics that tech firms require.
- Craig Almaleh - Founder & Senior Principal, ARC TEC, Inc.
- Ed Axelsen - Director of Real Estate & Facilities, Twitter
- Jay Bechtel - Real Estate Project Executive, Google
- Ellis M. Berns - Economic Development Manager, City of Mountain View
- Hanson Hom - Director of Community Development, City of Sunnyvale
- Philip A. Mahoney - Executive Vice President, Cornish & Carey Commercial
- Tim Steele - Senior Director for Real Estate Planning, The Sobrato
Information on purchasing tickets, location, and the program:
This event is organized by the SJSU Department of Urban and Regional
Planning’s Certificate in Real Estate Development (CRED) Program.
Many thanks to our generous co-sponsors:
- Platinum sponsors: CREW Silicon Valley and NAIOP Silicon Valley
- Breakfast sponsor: American Planning Association California Section - Northern
- Gold sponsors: Silicon Valley Business Journal, Urban Planning Coalition
- Co-Sponsors: AIA Santa Clara Valley, CoreNet Global Northern
California Chapter, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, SPUR, ULI