Metropolitan Planning Group � Senior Urban Designer*Location*
Mountain View, CA
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay
Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought
high-caliber planning services to 35 Bay Area communities. M-Group�s
planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and
high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of
accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences.
M-Group is looking to fill a Senior Urban Designer position. The desired
staff person will be based primarily in the Mountain View office but must
be available to travel for work in the nine Bay Area counties and possibly
beyond. We will fill the position at the appropriate level of experience.
*Senior Urban Designer:*
- Part-time or Full-time (40 hours a week).
- Main responsibilities include:
- Project manage and execute advance planning projects for City
planning departments, including research, graphic preparation, report and
document preparation, public speaking, attending and presenting at public
- Marketing efforts, including putting proposals together in response
- Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
Masters degree in planning or design field preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the planning field.
- Experience in General Plan Updates, Specific or Precise Plans,
Design Guidelines, and Zoning Code Updates.
- CEQA knowledge required.
- Project management experience, including contract and budget
- Team management experience. The ability to work independently and
also be a great team player.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, GIS,
*How to Apply:*
Go to http://bit.ly/mgroupjobs
and apply per instructions.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]