Oakland Community Housing Inc. JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT Oakland Community Housing, Inc., (OCHI) has been building homes for over 30Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22 8:59 AMView Source
DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Oakland Community Housing, Inc., (OCHI) has been building homes for over 30 years to meet the needs of low income families, the elderly, the disabled and other special needs populations in Oakland and the East Bay. Join our dedicated and talented team and make a positive impact on people’s lives. Visit our website at www.ochi.org.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Real Estate Development (DRED) performs a wide variety of tasks related to the operation of the development component of Oakland Community Housing, Inc. (OCHI). The Director supervises a staff of three Project Managers, an Assistant Project Manager and an Intern. This position is responsible for coordinating all development activities including initiating new development projects, overseeing an existing portfolio of projects and coordinating all development policy issues with the Executive Director.
This position is characterized by high degree of initiative, well-developed supervisory skills, and an in-depth technical aptitude for structuring innovative private and public debt financing and equity for affordable housing development projects. Other characteristics include well-developed oral and written skills in the presentation of affordable housing packages to lenders, city staff, council and commissions, and other potential funding agencies.
· Meets with and reports directly to the Executive Director on a regular basis to review development activities and general housing issues.
· Supervises project development staff.
· Prepares periodic development activity reports.
· Reviews all development related payment requests, construction change orders, product substitution and damage claims.
· Initiates and evaluates new development opportunities. Together with subordinate Development staff: evaluates potential sites to determine feasibility for affordable housing development use, and coordinates the negotiation of the purchase agreements; performs economic feasibility analysis for each project under consideration.
· Retains project management responsibility for some projects.
· Formulates and coordinates development policy with the Executive director.
· Defines, reviews and monitors performance expectations of all development staff; makes recommendations to the Executive Director regarding promotion and salary/bonus remuneration for development staff.
· Prepares and / or supervises development budget proposals; develops and monitors construction budgets; together with the Executive Director prepares goals and budget for the Development Department.
· Performs project site inspections and / or visits as needed.
· Performs outreach duties and public relations work as needed; attend neighborhood and community meetings; act as liaison between OCHI, its consultants, vendors, partner and the community.
· Identifies and assists with the procurement of construction and permanent financing for developments from conventional, public and quasi-public sources.
· Performs other tasks as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Ability to thoroughly analyze potential affordable housing projects. Thorough technical knowledge of financial and physical mechanisms by which affordable housing is developed is essential. Ability to motivate and supervise technical project management staff. Ability to creatively problem-solve during the various stages of development process. Ability to prepare computer generated financial feasibilities, cash flows, and proformas is required. Ability to market affordable housing projects. Ability to interact well with a variety of people and institutions. Effective writing and public speaking abilities are essential.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting base salary is $75,000K annually plus incentives. OCHI offers a comprehensive benefits package. Employees can select from a cafeteria plan that includes a wide variety of medical, dental and vision plans. OCHI provides group life insurance, EAP, flexible spending, commuter benefits, 15 paid holidays, vacation accrual and sick leave allowance. Conveniently located in Downtown Oakland, 1 block from BART and 2 blocks off Lake Merritt
The position is open immediately. Qualified candidates will be considered as applications are received. The deadline for submitting your application is January 10, 2006. The position will remain open until filled. Please send your resume and cover letter to Human Resources, Oakland Community Housing, Inc., 2030 Franklin Street, 6th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612, or by fax (510) 832-3140, or by email jobs@..., include DIRECTOR REAL ESTATE in the subject line.