----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 10/29/2004 09:52 AM -----
If you've ever wanted to work in the environmental field, now is your
chance. Applications must be submitted by November 30, 2004.
Green Resource Center
Green Building Project Manager
(JOB CODE: CSJ1)
The Green Resource Center (GRC) seeks a Green Building Project Manager to
promote and facilitate the design and construction of resource-efficient
buildings in the San Francisco Bay Area's residential and commercial
sectors. The Green Building Project Manager is immediately responsible to
the Executive Director for the planning and execution of the GRC's
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following:
1. Provide project-specific Green Building advice and assistance to
homeowners, developers, architects, and contractors.
2. Perform site visits, phone and internet research to identify and
inventory green materials and building suppliers throughout the 9-county
Area for the Green Materials Database.
3. Input and maintain product and supplier data in the Green
4. Create fact sheets and other content for the GRC website.
5. Support Executive Director with development of effective program
strategies to promote Green Building for residential new construction and
6. Interact with clients, public agencies, and utilities with Green
7. Provide Green Building presentations and training seminars to Bay
Area building professionals, public agencies, community organizations, and
the general public.
8. Design and implement effective information management systems for
tracking the performance of residential and commercial sector programs.
9. Provide day-to-day oversight of program budgets.
10. Support Executive Director with grant applications, proposal writing,
and contracts related to Green Building programs.
11. Report to the Board of Directors on program activities.
12. Keep abreast of latest developments in the Green Building field by
reading various Green Building-related publications; visiting retailers of
Green Building materials; and attending relevant lectures, classes, and
13. Assist fellow GRC staff on other programs as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
In-depth knowledge of Green Building design, construction strategies,
technologies and materials and the ability to articulate the
health, and economic benefits of Green Building.
1. A proven commitment to addressing a variety of environmental and
public health issues through Green Building and an appetite to learn more
about the rapidly evolving field.
2. Proven organizational skills and project management experience.
3. Hands-on experience with residential-sector design and
practices, especially Green Building design and construction.
4. Friendly, outgoing nature and an eagerness to serve GRC visitors
the public interest.
5. Excellent writing and communication skills
6. Self-sufficient office skills: ability to work with MS Word, MS
Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and Windows operating system. Access or
other database experience is required.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university degree in
architecture, engineering, building science, construction management, or
related field AND at least three years of progressively increasing
responsibility performing design- and construction-related activities and
other duties similar to those described for this position.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range is $35,000 - $40,000 (based on qualifications and
GRC's benefits package includes health insurance and annual leave.
If you are interested in applying for this full time position, please
a résumé with references, a letter of interest, and a writing sample (five
pages maximum) to the GRC Personnel Committee (email:
). Please include the job code in the subject
line when you apply (located at the top of this job description). All
applications must be submitted by November 30, 2004. Applications will be
screened for relevant qualifying experience. Not all applicants who meet
minimum qualifications will be interviewed.
ABOUT THE GREEN RESOURCE CENTER
The Green Resource Center (GRC) is a professional non-profit organization
known as a trusted information resource committed to developing the market
for green building. The GRC offers technical assistance and training while
connecting consumers and professionals with all aspects of the green
building industry. The GRC acts as the central source of green building
information for building professionals, local governments and the general
public. Our vision is to create a world where buildings sustain and
ecological, social and economic assets for future generations.
Since it opened its doors on Earth Day 1999, the GRC has served the region
with green building information through its print and sample libraries, a
phone and email hotline service, technical assistance for commercial
projects, green materials database, and coordination of workshops and
training. The GRC has three staff members and is governed by an 8-member
Board of Directors representing a variety of green building stakeholders.
For more information, see the GRC website at www.GreenResourceCenter.org.