Dear Raw Food Enthusiasts, and Friends,
Are you enjoying the weather? It seems that our part of California can't decide if it's spring, summer or fall! We have our garden in, and are grateful for the rain, for sure. Just wish it were a little warmer....
In our garden we have lots of varieties of tomatoes, kale and sunflowers, as well as cucumbers, corn, lettuces, arugula, herbs, zucchini, butternut squash, cabbage, artichoke, Brussel sprouts, snow peas, beets, basil, and flowers, flowers, flowers. So fun and calming to have new life in the back yard! The occupants of the 2 beehives in our neighbor's yard love our offerings, as well! The birds love the overturned earth and my cat loves watching the birds, safe behind a glass door. Fun for everyone!
We've scheduled 2 classes in June at Cafe Gratitude in the Cupertino Whole Foods Market:
On June 4, from 9:30 am to 11 am, A Cultured Affair is offered. We'll be showing you how to get more probiotics, which support your digestive system, into your diet, in the most delicious, fermented ways! Items on the list for demoing and sampling: Yummy Coconut Yogurt, Kicky Coconut Kefir, Sassy Red Cabbage Sauerkraut, Krazy Kimshee, and Sunflower and Sesame Seed Cheeze. Fee for the class is $39.
On June 25, we'll be back with Forget Cooking for the Summer, from 10 am to 11:30 am. We'll show you how to make cool, delicious recipes that get you out of the kitchen, fast! On the menu are: Piña-Kale-Lota Smoothie (plus its alternative, Piña-Sprout-Lota), Kale/Avocado Salad (made with no oil!), Zucchini Pasta Marinara, Live Apple Pie and Raspberry Coconut Mousse. Class fee is $49
Class fees include: Demo of how to make the items, recipe packet and samples of all the items we make, plus some surprises!
Note: If you register for both classes, pay $80, saving $8.
Register with a friend for both classes for $72 each person, and save a total of $16 each
Class size limited to 12. Register early by emailing Patti at chefpatti@...
YUMMY FOOD OFFERINGS FOR MAY:
We'll have the following living food items available for pick up or delivery on Memorial Day, May 30, or Tuesday, May 31.
- Red Bell Pepper Tortillas, $1.50 ea
- Veggie and Sunflower Seed Burgers, $3.50 ea, 6 for $18
- Chocolate Kale Chips, $7.50 per bag
- Dark Chocolate Mousse, $8.50 for 8 ounces
- Coconut Yogurt, $10/pint, $18/quart
- Kale Salad, entree size, with onions, capers and fresh tomatoes, in a Lime/Serrano Pepper dressing. $10
- Kale/Sprout Salad, entree size with tomatoes, hemp seeds, carrots and onions, in a Lime/Olive oil dressing, $10
- Sauerkraut $18/qt.
- Live Apple Pie with Cashew Cream $36 for 8" pie
- Truly Raw Almond Mylk, $10/pint, $18/qt, unsweetened. (Make it chocolate or vanilla for $2 more)
- Not Toona Sunflower Seed Pate, 4 oz. for $6
- Mexican Taco Sunflower Seed Pate, 4 oz for $6
- Please have your order to us by midnight, Friday, May 27.
- Let us know if you want to pick up on Monday, May 30, or take delivery after 3 pm on Monday, or Tuesday, May 31 (time to be determined, depending on number of orders)
- We accept cash or check, made out to Thrivin' Edibles,or PayPal to chefpatti@... for payment.
- In the South Bay (Campbell - Woodside), delivery is $10 per order; free if your order is over $75.
- We also offer delivery this time to San Francisco and Oakland, for $12 per delivery address.
- Out of area shipment available on the veggie burgers, tortillas and kale chips. Contact us for more info.
Did you make it to the Earth Day event in San Francisco? If you didn't, you missed a BLAST of a day, with 7 different raw food chefs demoing different raw food items, in the Raw Food Demo Booth. Kudos to Chef Heather Haxo Phillips, creater of Raw Bay Area (www.rawbayarea.com
) for putting this fabulous day together for the raw food community. Check out Heather's website for what she's up to in the East Bay, including classes she leads in the raw food lifestyle! She's terrific!
PS: We now offer coaching to transition to a raw foods lifestyle, or to reinspire you to eat more living foods. You don't have to go all raw to benefit from our coaching! In our next newsletter, we'll inform you of the different ways we can support you in living a more vibrant, live foods lifestyle!
Supporting Plant-Focused Food Lifestyle