SAVE THE DATES....
The dates are set for the
South Bay Raw Food MeetUp group
for our November and December potlucks.
Please share this info with others, newcomers are welcome.Sunday, November 14th, 4pm
Sunday, December 12th, 4pm
.... will be our HOLIDAY PARTY..... bring any traditional dish
*, the raw way.
*A traditional dish
means a dish that represents a part of
you, something that you hold near and dear to you, it could be something
from your heritage, something from your past, heck - why not something
from the future.
Let's include Who, What, Why ...when we do our introductions: who
we are (our name), what we brought (the name of the dish and its
ingredients) and why we made the dish (give just a bit of background to
what this dish means to you).
We'll celebrate all the creations, and will give a special nod to:
- the dish that exceeds in flavor
- the dish that exceeds in creativity (feel free to bring props, b/c creativity includes flavor, the process and the presentation)
- the person who stretched the most (we'll give a bow to the one(s) who went waaay outside their comfort zone)
- the most s i m p l e, yet tasty and creative dish (this could be a single food item that came from your backyard)
- the dish that falls under the 'difficult' category (qualifiers for this category are too toooo many to name)
- the dish that falls under the 'most outrageous' category (qualifiers for this category are unknown to name)
- the dish that _______. I'm sure - at the table - we'll come up with more special nods.
suspect that some of you are already having fun with
envisioning your Holiday item to fit into one of the categories above.
How'bout work together as a team to have fun in the creation process.
If you're stumped, give me a call and I'll
help you come up with something.
To help create your holiday dish I will host a pre-potluck 'making' party
at my home in Cupertino on Saturday, Dec. 11th at 10am.
This is an opportunity for you to:
- transform a cooked traditional dish into a raw traditional (or not-so-traditional) dish
- go outside your comfort zone with my help and help from others who join us
- use gadgets that you don't have at home (dehydrators, spiralizers, blenders, etc)
- join in the fun, whether you can make Sunday's potluck or not