***Flavors of the Mediterranean** $45 Saturday, September 25 from 10 am to noon at Café Gratitude/Whole Foods Market, Cupertino* *This class has 4 spacesMessage 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2010View Source
Flavors of the Mediterranean $45
Saturday, September 25 from 10 am to noon at Café Gratitude/Whole Foods Market, Cupertino
This class has 4 spaces left –call or email right away to register if you want to do this!
Class Description: Middle Eastern restaurants are always a hit, and with good reason--aromatic herbs, warming spices, and pungent flavors such as olives and feta cheese make this cuisine both exotic and comforting. Now you can enjoy all your favorites, even hummus and falafel, in the raw.
In Flavors of the Mediterranean you will learn:
- How to make no-bean hummus that tastes just like the traditional version.
- How to use a dehydrator to make savory felafel--no frying required.
- How to make wheat-free tabouli –with yummy, nutty quinoa.
- How to make warming carrots – without using heat.
- How to make an amazing and sweet baklava with no wheat and no processed sugar!
Menu: Felafel with No-Bean Hummus, Quinoa Tabouli, Moroccan Carrots, Apple Baklava
Samples – Recipes – FUN!
Other Upcoming Classes and Events:
Green Juices and Smoothies $20
Tuesday, October 12 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm at Café Gratitude/Whole Foods Market, Cupertino
Class Description: Breakfast just got MORE interesting! This fast-paced class shows you how to get dense nutrition with little effort! You’ll sample 3 smoothies, and 1 juice combo that will tantalize your tastebuds. You’ll walk away nourished, and with more than 10 different smoothie and juice combos that will support your well-being and taste GREAT.
Holiday Favorites $55
Saturday, November 13 from 9 am to noon at Café Gratitude in the Whole Foods Market, Cupertino
Look and feel great this coming holiday season with foods you love – in the raw. In this class, you will discover how to make a raw feast that features everyone's favorites, from stuffing to pumpkin pie.
In Holiday Favorites you will learn:
- How to make rich and creamy holiday nog without dairy or eggs.
- How use a dehydrator to make delicious low-carb stuffing with almonds instead of bread.
- How to make two raw side dishes that you can proudly present at any holiday party.
- How to make a show-stopping live pumpkin pie with coconut whipped cream!
Menu: Holiday Nog, Almond & Mushroom Stuffing, Cranberry-Orange Relish, Holiday Kale Salad, Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Whipped Cream. We’ll give you an easy recipe for Turquee Loaf, too.
Pre-registration required as we have seats for 20. To register, please call us at (408) 712-5000 or email chefpatti@.... Thanks!
We designed these classes to build your confidence in making living cuisine and supporting your raw self nutritionally and flavorfully. We love doing these classes ALMOST as much as we love making food for you – so your input is welcome.
Upcoming Events: The Palo Alto Humane Society’s “Humane Planet Expo” on October 2, from 11 am–5 pm. We are the food vendor for this event, and invite you to come and check out this informational event. We’ll be at the Lytton Plaza, at the corner of Emerson and University. Click here to check out the flyer http://www.paloaltohumane.org/news/pdfs/HPE.Ad.Final.2010.pdf and we hope to see you there! We’ll have lots of goodies like:
· Paradise Nori Rolls
· Facon/Lettuce/Tomato Sandwiches
· HuuRaw™ Bell Pepper/Lime Chips, and Carrot/Curry Chips
· HuuRaw™ Hummus with Veggies
· Live Sugar Pie Pumpkin Cheesecake
See you there.