Happy New Year!
Start 2010 out without the Fire a the January 13th North Bay Raw Potluck and Lecture at our new meeting space in Rohnert Park.
This Potluck features sucessful, long-term rawfoodists, Drs. Rick and Karin Dina, D.C. who will speak about "Extinguishing the Fire: How raw foods brings us to the next level".
This presentation takes a practical and scientific look at the implications of raw food diets and cooking in today's society, in the format of a critical review of the recently released book, "Catching Fire: How Cooking Made us Human," by Richard Wrangham, Ph.D. of Harvard University.
In the book, Dr. Wrangham makes a number of valid and well thought out points, but also perpetuates several key misunderstandings about raw food nutrition, which leads to questionable conclusions about raw food diets, in our opinions.
By being well informed, we can continue to have confidence in and therefore benefit from the diet and lifestyle we choose to embrace, in the midst of many well meaning friends and family members who would be much more comfortable if we were to eat and live in a more conventional way.
This is a rare opportunity to hear Drs. Rick and Karin Dina. Don't Miss it!
Potluck starts at 7pm. Lecture starts at 8pm on Wednesday Jan 13, 2010.
Centreville Apartments Community Room
State Farm drive @ Padre Parkway
Rohnert Park, California
for directions and a map.
* Bring a large enough raw/living foods dish to serve at least 10 people, as well as an appropriate serving utensil for your dish.
* Suggestions: All types of salads, Click here for some raw recipes.
* We do ask that you bring a dish that is as minimally processed and concentrated as possible, and that the focus be on high water content, preferable organically grown, raw vegetables and sprouts. We do not advocate the abundant use of spices, oil, or salty substances (such as Bragg Liquid Aminos, Nama Shoyu, miso, or sea salt). If you do use any of these in your recipes, please do keep them to a bare minimum.
* Couples should bring enough food for 20 servings.
* Please fill out a card with the list of ingredients in your dish when you arrive at the potluck.
* The potluck fee is $3. See you there!!
* Please bring a Plate and Utensils for yourself as they will not be provided. You also might want to bring some water.