With vegetarianism getting so much good and bad press, test your
knowledge about myth and reality of a vegetarian diet.
QUIZ ON MYTH AND REALITY OF VEGETARIANISM
Answer the following questions as myth (M) or reality (R) and compare
your answers at the end.
1. Vegetarian foods cannot provide complete protein.
2. People become vegetarians due to religious and humanitarian
reasons only, and vegetarian movement is a form of cult.
3. Over 75% of deaths in the U.S. that occur from heart ailments,
stroke, and cancer can be reduced by adopting a vegetarian diet.
4. Green and yellow vegetables are helpful against cancer related to
5. Living exclusively on vegetables and fruits may cause deficiency
of vitamins B12 and D.
6. Vegetarian plant foods are almost completely lacking in saturated
fat and cholesterol.
7. Vegetarians cannot compete in sports with meat eaters.
8. Our digestive tract and teeth are more suitable for plant foods.
9. Appropriate consumption of vegetarian foods can meet calcium
10. Fruits, vegetables and whole grains provide an excessive amount
of carbohydrates which fatten us.
ANSWERS: (1) M; (2) M; (3) R; (4) R; (5) R; (6) R; (7) M; (8)
R; (9) R; (10) M.
Wishing all the best,
dr. s. s. dhillon
P.S. The above information is taken from a recent guide that
provides scientific explanations to the above and 40 more questions;
and what is vegetarianism and why should one consider for health and
disease control. It also includes vegetarian meal plans and sample
menus. I am sure you will have a fresh insight towards fruits and
vegetables. For FREE information on how to obtain "A NEW LOOK AT
VEGETARIANISM: It's effects on health, disease and weight control"
please visit: http://dpcpress.com/learn_earn.html#guidelist
Promote healthy diet amongest your family and friends. Ask them to
join the VegClub: