Press release: Indianapolis, Indiana: The Chateau Teafort Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to aiding members of the SCA who are victims ofMessage 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005View SourcePress release:
The Chateau Teafort Foundation, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to
aiding members of the SCA who are victims of natural disasters, announced
today that in addition to donating all profits from the Chateau Teafort
Trio's debut album, "Whipporwhill", the Foundation is also now officially
accepting direct cash donations.
The Chateau Teafort Foundation, which was created in late August, 2005, has
already sold over 220 cds, raising over $3000 dollars in orders to be
donated to the cause. It is only one of a myriad of efforts by SCA members
across the country and the world to give assistance to the people of Gleann
Abhann, which was heavily damaged by the recent hurricane that hit New
Orleans and much of the surrounding area.
"It is heartwarming to see so much support for our friends and family in the
gulf coast pouring out so quickly," said George Reed, Chairman of the
This new development means that if someone doesn't wish to purchase a
Chateau Teafort album, they can donate 100% of their contribution through
the Chateau Teafort Foundation.
The Chateau Teafort Trio (George L. Reed (faheud), Purple Nicholson
(Purple), and Kathryn Kibellus (Valencia)..) will continue to donate all
profits from their debut album to assist SCA participants suffering damages
as a result of Hurricane Katrina in the Gulf Coasts of Louisiana,
Mississipi, and Alabama.
The Album is Whippoorwill, by the Chateau Teafort Trio. a 2 cd set for
$15.00 plus $2.00 P&H....for orders of more than 3 cd's maximum shipping
cost is $6.00
To order a CD or simply donate to the Foundation, make checks payable to
George L. Reed and mail them to
Chateau Teafort Foundation
3617 Sommersworth Lane
Indianapolis, IN 46228
For more information, see http://www.fanucci.org/aid.html
Greetings, forwarded with permission. The National Storytelling Network has it s own relief effort, if you tell stories mundanely and for money, even you areMessage 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2005View SourceGreetings,forwarded with permission. The National Storytelling Network has it's own relief effort, if you tell stories mundanely and for money, even you are not a NSN member, you may receive some help.Kazi----- Original Message -----From: nsn userTo: bobtales@...Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 10:54 AMSubject: Katrina, NSN and How You Can Help
Hello Members --
NSN is deeply concerned about storytellers who are caught in the destruction of Katrina. We want to let you all know what we've set up and how you can help.
1. We've been receiving e-mails about Katrina so yesterday we set up a blog for members and non-members to share their ideas, stories and actions about Katrina and helping storytellers.
2. Anyone can participate in the blog. We've invited the storytell listserve to also participate. We hope members will post to the blog to keep as many people informed as possible. You can view the blog at http://www.livejournal.com/community/storykatrina/. You can post to the blog by clicking on the following link: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=storykatrina&mode=full
3. Today we are searching StoryNet listings (our on-line directory) to see if affected members have a listing. If not, we are scrounging for photos and text to make one for them. Any affected storyteller will receive a 1 year free deluxe listing.
4. We will post on the blog who we have promo material for, and who we do not. Anyone who has photos and other promo material on storytellers that we do not can inform the blog, send the material to us via e-mail, and we'll create a listing. If affected storytellers need help with the sound/video clips, NSN can also assist. Please send info to:FromNSN@...
5. If anyone knows of affected storytellers who are not NSN members, please forward their names and contact info to us. NSN will give them 1 year free membership. Please send info to: FromNSN@...
6. NSN has set up a general relief fund for affected storytellers. But affected storytellers will need gigs that disappeared with Katrina. So NSN is also setting up an emergency grant fund to which any organization could apply, with a quick turnaround, in order to pay a storyteller to perform. These could be performances that might benefit hurricane victims, in part -- performances/programs/residencies in shelters, etc.
We will start the Emergency Grant Fund with whatever is left in the NSN Grants budget for this year, and build it with contributions. Look for the application form next Tues. or Wed. (Sept. 6 or 7). Until then you can make a donation to NSN by calling us or sending us a check. Please designate whether you want your donation to go to the relief fund or emergency grant fund.
Please send all donations (checks, cashier checks) to:
132 Boone St., #5
Jonesborough, TN 37659
PLEASE DESIGNATE: Relief Fund OR Emergency Grant Fund
Or call our offices with your credit card at:1-800-525-4514
1. Share info on the blog.
2. Send our office at FromNSN@... names of affected storytellers so we can give them a free 1 year membership.
3. Send promo materials we are missing from affected storytellers so we can make a Storynet on-line directory listing for them and give them a free 1-year listing. Send material to FromNSN@....
4. Send a donation to NSN and designate it for either the Relief Fund or the Emergency Grant Fund.
Thank you so very much for helping all storytellers get through this disaster and back on their feet.
I look forward to hearing from everyone and taking our relief efforts to the next level.
Karen Dietz, Ph.D.Executive DirectorNational Storytelling Network132 Boone Street, #5Jonesborough, TN 37659
800-525-4514 or 423-913-8201www.storynet.org
NSN - "A world enriched through storytelling."
Mission -- "Bringing together and nurturing individuals and organizations that use the power of storytelling in all its forms."
Come to NATIONAL STORY NIGHT -- a special concert supporting the NSN Grants Program and featuring legendary storyteller Elizabeth Ellis -- Thurs. eve. Oct. 6, 7:30 p.m. -- before the 33rd National Storytelling Festival October 7-9, 2005 in Historic Jonesborough, TN -- the premier storytelling festival in the country! http://www.storytellingfoundation.net/festival/about-fest.htm-----Original Message-----All-
From: SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Stephen R. Melvin
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:43 AM
To: SCA-Caid Member's List; SCA_BARDS@yahoogroups.com; email@example.com
Subject: [SCA_BARDS] Fw: [ My charter.
From Melandra in Gleann Abhann, Meridies.
----- Original Message -----
From: "mlaf" <mlaf@...>
To: "Steven Melvin" <Rathflaed@...>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:26 PM
Subject: Fw: [ My charter.
> Thought you might want to pass this on to whomever is interested...
> Gleann Abhann is setting up a short term supply run to aid SCA folks.
> are relay stations being set up, and each driver will only drive about 4
> hours round trip - there is no gas in some of the places we are going to,
> and prices are sky high ($5.00 gallon, in some places, I've been told) so
> want to make sure that all drivers can get from point A to point B and
> again in about 4 hours round trip....
> Arkansas is collecting items until Sept 8th, at which time the operation
> will go into effect....Anyone interesting in helping with that (no money
> being collected) may contact Peregrine Fairchylde, mka Eric Francis,
> home, 501-247-7623 cell, squirrelhenge@..., 3322 Lamar St., Little
> Ark. 72205.
> If anyone has long term aid, they can contact Master Erik about what needs
> or can be done. I've forwarded a message from him concerning long term
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Erik" <irongld@...>
>> Greetings from Master Erik of Telemark,
>> I wanted to jump up and define a few things. Just so there is no
>> misunderstanding, this office was not created to take over or replace
>> the fine work or focus of the Supply Run effort.
>> I have had conversations with Master Stephen and with Peregrine
>> Fairchylde. The charter of my office is long term
>> solutions. Immediate needs and short term support can, and I am
>> sure will, be met by the efforts of the Supply Run crew. I am
>> focusing on 1 month to 4 month housing and employment issues of
>> displaced SCAers in this disaster effort. I will also have someone
>> working on replacement of SCA equipment, both personal gear and SCA
>> owned losses due to the storm damage. I hope this clears up some
>> questions. Peregrine and I will be coordinating efforts as much as
>> possible but his job is to get people supported and mobile so they
>> can move on the next phase of their lives. I will be making every
>> effort to assist with that next phase. I am still formulating the
>> process and setting up a team to deal with the issues at hand. Keep
>> your eyes on the emails and we will make a difference in the lives of
>> our cousins in the SCA.
>> In service to those in need,
>> Master Erik of Telemark