Hello Progressive Friends,
The following was an e-mail I had sent to Jon Williams about a free
morning trek into the mountains this upcoming Saturday morning Oct.
8th and why I thought it might be relevent to "progressive" minded
While I am of the same mindset as you, that there must be a change
in leadership and philosophical direction for our nation, I am also
of the opinion that we as local communities must begin to create
vibrant new pathways into the future if we wish to achieve
sustainability and peace.
The Awakening, as a mythic journey into the wilderness (which, by
the way, Robert Kennedy Jr. in his talk at the Lobero,
philosophically advocated for), represents, in my judgment, a unique
meeting ground and foundational platform for an "Earth based"
future, distinct and perhaps even more compelling than the current
societal agreements and constructs governing our lives and world
How can a community trek up into the mountains "experientially"
reshape the future? Only by your participation and in silent
conversation with the rising sun can that answer be revealed.
All the Best,
A Morning Trek into Sacred Nature
Saturday, October 8th, 5:30 a.m. (prompt) Meeting at Pierre La Fonds
Parking Lot, Montecito Upper Village (corner San Ysidro & East
You are invited to The Awakening- A Morning Trek into Sacred Nature.
This is a present day mythic journey into the pre-dawn forest where
together we will hike a mountain trail up to a beautiful vista and
through poetry, movement, music and silent nature meditation, greet
the rising sun.
Yours in Wonder
Ken Cohen, Sarah Kane and Friends
1) Be at Pierre La Fonds Parking Lot by 5:30 a.m. prompt.
2) Dress appropriately for the morning hike into nature.
3) Bring water.
4) You are responsible for your own well-being. Be vigilant for
snakes, poison oak and walking in nature up a mountain trail.
5) A moderate degree of health and stamina is required. With
any health concerns, you know the drill, consult your physician.
6) Can children come? Yes, but only if they can hike by
themselves and are old enough to connect at an intuitive level with
the experience. You are completely responsible for them
7) Bring a beginner's mind.
8) Unless it rains, a cool and cloudy morning is still magical
for an Awakening.
9) If it does rain. New date is the following week of Saturday
10) This and future Awakenings are all community collaborations
and if you would like to volunteer or contribute your talents,
insights or gifts in any way, let us know.
11) The Awakening is a Free Santa Barbara community event.