From: Beverly Chiarulli [mailto:bevc@...
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:20 PM
To: Maureen Malloy; dl-saapublicarchaeology@...
Subject: Anthropology education wiki
Hi all - I've become part of the Amer Anthrop Ass Anthropology Ed
Committee. We're experimenting with a wiki to provide resources for
teaching anthropology and I've added a link about the shipwreck website
developed by my friend Ellen Bedell of the Ellis School in Pittsburgh.
If you would like to join in here's the instructions: The shipwreck
link is under k-12 traditional subjects.
Anthropology Education Center Wiki
Welcome to the AAA Anthropology Education Committee's wiki for the
development of the Anthropology Education Center. The strength of this
resource depends on the contributions of its members. You must be a
member to contribute, but getting membership is easy!
To Become a Member:
1) Follow These Instructions <http://anthroed.wikispaces.com/#Register
2) Email anthroed@...
and we'll create a username and password for
you that you can change later.
Editing is as simple as clicking on the "edit" button and using the
icons in the editor. One comforting fact about wikis is that all
versions of a page prior to your edit are saved. We can always back up
to the previous version. Use the Sandbox
> page to get your feet wet and
experiment with editing. Click on "help" above to get more instructions
for using the wiki.
Learning Objectives, Model Curriculum, Sample Lesson Plans, Web
We invite you to add any and all resources or links to resources that
fall into the following categories. Don't worry with formatting or
trying to make things neat. We are really in the development phase, so
everything is welcome in any form. Also, please use the Discussion tab
at the top of the pages if you have ideas about the subject but don't
know where to add them.
* K-12 General <http://anthroed.wikispaces.com/K-12+General
this page if you have contributions that are not specific to one age
range, subject, or student population)
* K-12 Grade Ranges
> (K-3, 4-6, 7-9,
* K-12 Traditional Subjects
World History, Language Arts, American History, Life/Biological
* K-12 Special Populations
Hispanic, Rural, etc)
Community College Anthropology
* Introduction to General Anthropology: Four Field Approach
* Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
* Introduction to Biological/Physical Anthropology
* Introduction to Archaeology
Getting Started on This Wiki:
Register for Membership
1. First, you'll need to join Wikispaces, by clicking on the "Join"
link in the upper right of this page.
2. Once you have your username and password, return to
anthroed.wikispaces.com (or search "anthroed" in the Wikispaces search
3. On the AnthroEd homepage, select "Join this Space" from the
upper left corner.
4. Click on "Request Membership."
5. We will turn around your request within 24 hours, likely much
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]