Here are some pointers and housekeeping notes before I go on my trip.
Having had not much of a response, here is what we will try:
1. Finish the Marcus Aurelius chat on June 6th. I won't be there but that
should not stop you to meet at
. A reminder
will be sent out.
2. For those who want to discuss "Island of Ghosts", a novel by prolific
author Gillian Bradshaw, I suggest you get the book soon, as there will be
only one chat on July 18. Meanwhile you can post your comments here or at
Go here for details on both books:
3. Gore Vidal's "Julian", a novel about Julian the Apostate will be
discussed August 1 and 15.
4. THEREAFTER, we will leave the chronological mode and vote on books
suggested by members. This could be both fiction and nonfiction, to include
ancient authors as well. This should make it more appealing to new members
THE ONLY CONDITION: The book must be available in print and/or in a majority
of public libraries. The latter can be checked on one's state's library
websites. If many libraries have the book but not your own, you can very
likely get it through the interlibrary loan program. If not, you might not
get the book until the chats are over.
Meanwhile, here is a book list (by no means complete):
5. And I'm still looking for a co-moderator!
See you in July!
Co-host, Ancient/Classical History Forum
Forum Book Discussions
This group is a member of The Literature Reading Circle at
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]