(Deadline: Applications must be received by July 25, 2012)
The United States – Indonesia Society (USINDO), in cooperation with the American Council of Young Political
Leaders (ACYPL), is pleased to announce the call for applications from young political and policy professionals from Indonesia to participate in the ACYPL 2012 United States Elections Exchange Program to be held from October 30 to November 9, 2012, in Washington, DC and Colorado Springs, CO.
The ACYPL 2012 US Elections Exchange Program is designed to strengthen leadership capacity and professional skills for mid-level political and policy professionals, and provide an opportunity for them to explore in particular, components of American political campaigns including strategy and message development, policy formulation, fundraising, field organization, polling, advertising, media and technology. A total of four selected Indonesian delegates will join delegates from Malaysia, the Marshall Islands, the
Philippines, and Samoa. Participants will have the opportunity to observe first-hand the final days of the 2012 US elections.
The program is funded by the US Department of State and El Pomar Foundation. All international delegates will be issued a J-1 visa.
- Between the ages of 25-40
- Fluent oral and written English skills
- Possess leadership potential in government, private sector, and/or civil society
- Hold current professional position in
the government, legislative branch, political party, campaigns, political media, political advocacy, and/or policy making
- May not hold dual-US citizenship
- May not have travelled on a US State Department issued J-1 visa in the past 3 years
Application Instructions and Deadline:
A completed application form, along with the applicant’s CV or resume, must be submitted before or by July 25, 2012, in order to be considered to participate in the program. Eligible applicants can submit their application through either one of the following ways:
1. by completing the application form online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/USINDO, as well as emailing the applicant’s CV or resume and a copy of the photo/personal details page from the applicant’s valid passport to acypl@...;
2. by downloading the form here: [2012 ACYPL Application Form], and emailing the completed form, along with the applicant’s CV or resume and a copy of the photo/personal details page from the
applicant’s valid passport, to acypl@....
Incomplete application forms, and late submissions will not be considered.
USINDO will notify selected applicants before or by the second week of August, 2012.
For any questions and inquiries, please send an email to acypl@....