on Dental Public Health and Preventive Dentistry Workshop
"LearningCourse for Providing Attractive Oral Health Education"
Friday & Saturday, July 1st - 2nd 2011
two-days workshop, designed for those who are interest inpreventive
dentistry. Intensive training on oral health education by theory and
active learning strategies will be provided. The outcome shall
beknowledge on developing effective, applicable, and sustainable oral
health programs designed especially to increase oral health in various
Throughout this workshop, participants will be
interacting directly with Japan's oral health promotion and prevention
experts to develop knowledge and skills regarding oral health
education. Participants will work in small groups to apply effective
oral health prevention methods.
Who Should Join This Workshop
who have interest in oral health promotion which are designed
especially to increase oral health in various age groups
(pregnantmothers, toddlers, schoolchildren, adolescent and
elderly),more specifically this workshop will be fit for :
1. Undergraduate / postgraduate students
2. Lectures of Faculty of Dentistry, Public Health, Medicine and Nursing
3. Dentist and Dental Nurse
4. Government Officers of Indonesia's Ministry of Health
Time and Venue
- Prof. Yoko Kawaguchi, DDS, PhD is a Professor of Oral HealthPromotion Department at Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU)
- Takashi Zaitsu, DDS is a Staff of Oral Health Promotion at TMDU
- Melissa Adiatman, DDS is a PhD candidate at TMDU
Friday & Saturday, 1 - 2 July 2011
at Ruang Sidang Terapung, Perpustakaan Pusat - Universitas Indonesia, Depok
; Prof. Yoko Kawaguchi, DDS, Ph.D; "Oral Health Promotion Programs in Japan"
Day One, 1 July 2011
* 08.00 - 08.30 : Registration
* 08.30 - 09.00 : Opening Remarks from Prof.Bambang Irawan, DDS, PhD (Dean of Faculty of Dentistry - Universitas Indonesia)
* 09.00 - 10.30 : Keynote lecture by Prof.Yoko Kawaguchi, DDS,Ph.D; "Oral Health Promotion Programs in Japan"
Introduction of Japan's oral health promotion activities and preventive
programs for various age groups (pregnant mother, toddler, school
children, adolescent and elderly)
* 10.30 - 10.45 : Coffee Break
* 10.45 - 12.00 : Workshop 1: "School Oral Health"
by TMDU Team
- Introduction of Japan's school oral health system and health education program
methods to enhance the oral health awareness of schoolchildren : Simple
caries assessment with RD (Resazurin Disk) test, Salivaster : simple
screening test for gum bleeding , Evaluation chewing ability using
color changing gum , and Evaluation methods for oral health literacy
* 12.00 - 13.00 : Lunch break
* 13.00 - 16.30 : Workshop 2: "Principlesof Oral Health Education"
by Takashi Zaitsu
Day Two, 2 July2011
experiments in a small group: Fluoride experiment to an egg shell and
compare the shell resistance to acid exposure, Measuring the
acidity(pH) and sugar concentration of various popular soft drinks in
Indonesia, Using simple microscope to see the movement of oralbacteria
- Group discussions regarding their findings and experience
* 08.45 - 09.00: First's day summary
* 09.00- 10.30 : Workshop 3: "Oral Health for The Elderly"
by Yoko Kawaguchi
- Japanese experience
- Oral health situation of Indonesian institutionalized elderly
* 10.30 - 10.45 : Coffee break
* 10.45 - 12.30 : Various oral health programs that has been
successfully applied in Japan by Melissa Adiatman: Chewing and
swallowing exercise using biscuits, Examples of liquid food provided
for elderly, Oral function promotion program, Oral hygiene care methods
* 12.30 - 13.30 : Lunch break
* 13.30 - 15.30 : Workshop 4: "What Can We Do for Indonesian's situation?"
- Group discussion and presentations
- Conclusion and feed back sheet of the workshop
* 15.30 - 16.30 : Closing Remarks +Certificate (Coffee and Snack)
*)Discussion in Bahasa Indonesia
- Please complete the form in brochure or download from www.nusantara-home.com
- Send the complete form by email or fax with the bank transferreceipt by June, 24th 2011 at the latest of the following : Organizing
Committee at Dept. IKGM-P FKG UI, Gd. B Lantai 2, Jl. Salemba No. 4
JakartaPusat. Fax : +62-21 3192 7410, Email : ikgmpfkgui@...
make sure your information is printed in the subject of your bank
transfer; Your Name, Institution, Preventive & Public Health
- Student : IDR 450.000
- Others : IDR 650.000
The registration fee covers admission to all workshop sessions,workshop
kit,Certificate; PDGI Certified 5 SKP,Lunches, and refreshments during
Please transfer registration fee to
* Bank Name : BNI Branch UI Depok
* Account Number : 013-932-573-8
* Beneficiary Name : FEBRIANA SETYAWATI
Wisma Makara Indonesia, Depok
Fee : IDR 350.000 / Person / Day
will get a room at Wisma Makara, UI. Facility of theroom: bed,
breakfast, swimming pool, refrigerator, TV, AC, cold/warm shower.
Registration by organizing committee due to June,24th 2011.
you have any questions, please feel free to contact
ikgmpfkgui@..., RisqaRina D., DDS, PhD (0811 986709) or Atik
Ramadhani (0813 155 08 794). Departemen Ilmu Kesehatan Gigi Masyarakat
dan Kedokteran Gigi Pencegahan (IKGM-P), FKG UI, Gedung B Lantai 2, No.
Phone & Fax (+62-21) 31927410
* Department of Preventive & Public Health Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry - UI
* Department Oral Health Promotion - Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU)
* Nusantara Professional Education (NPE)
* Lembaga Kajian Kedokteran Gigi (LK2G)
Persatuan Dokter Gigi Indonesia (PDGI)
Hibah Direktorat Riset dan Pengabdian Masyarakat Universitas Indonesia