http://oia.ugm.ac.id/interface/?p=488 The Swiss Government through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) grants a limited numberOct 2, 2010 1 of 1View Source
The Swiss Government through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) grants a limited number of scholarships to developing countries,among which Indonesia is included. These scholarships are offered to Indonesian Postgraduate students wishing to undertake research or study in a master programme at a Swiss university. The scholarship holders can undertake research and study at a Swiss university or Federal Institute of Technology. The duration of grant is for the nine-month academic year. Under certain conditions,which are justified by FCS and the related university, the scholarship may be renewedfor a second year maximum.
- Indonesian citizen (priority: applicants reside and have professional career in Indonesia)
- University degree (min. Sarjana Strata-1/bachelor degree or equivalent)
- Candidates must be under 35 years old when applying (birth date after December31, 1975)
- Sufficient knowledge of the teaching language of the intended programme(German/French/Italian and/or English).
- Confirmation by a professor/a chosen university. The letter should mention that a research proposal is approved or an applicant is accepted as a master student. In case the acceptance letter cannot be issued, at least an applicant should enclose a correspondence with an intended university confirming that he/she has officially applied for a master programme.
- Detailed study/research plan and motivation describing clearly and precisely the aim of study as well as a possible professional integration when returning to Indonesia.
Scholarship application forms are available until October 15, 2010, and will be provided to applicants who fulfil the above mentioned requirements. To obtainthe forms, the applicants should send a brief e-mail which includes the following dataand documents:
- Complete name
- Date of birth
- Language skills. Please mention if you are able to speak one of the official languages in Switzerland sufficiently (German, French or Italian).
- Intended study field and university in Switzerland
- Research confirmation from a professor or acceptance letter/correspondence from an intended university.
- Research / study proposal
- For research fellowships: a complete research proposal (approx. 5 pages),including an overview of the research work conducted until now that could be relevant for the granting of a fellowship.
- For master programs: a 2 page personal statement emphasizing the reasons to study in Switzerland, the importance of the choice for your future career aswell as your professional projects after the scholarship.
- Curriculum vitae
- E-mail address
Please send the request for an application form to jak.vertretung@... . The application forms will be sent by e-mail.
Applicants must return the applications forms and supporting documents at the latest on October 31, 2010, to Embassy of Switzerland (Culture Section), Jl. H.R.Rasuna Said Kav. X3/2, Jakarta 12950. The application document can be deliveredby post or courier.
All documents must be submitted in 3 sets of copies. Every document set must be prepared in following order:
- Application form (typed and printed)
- Copies of certificate of bachelor degree from university
- Translation of the certificate of bachelor degree
- Academic transcript
- Translation of the academic transcript
- Letters of recommendation from 2 professors/lecturers
- Research proposal or motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research confirmation from a responsible professor/acceptance letter or
- correspondence with an intended university stating that you have officially
- applied for a master programme
- Medical certificate (on form supplied by the Embassy)
- Other documents (language certificates, etc.)
Photocopies of certificates have to be certified as true copies. Documents (certificates, recommendations, etc.) which are not issued in English/German/French/Italian have to be translated in one of those languages and legalized. The translation has to be attached to the related document.
Please note that only complete and orderly prepared application files will be taken into consideration. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview and language test which will be held in the Swiss Embassy in Jakarta. In May 2011 the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) will announce the accepted candidatures.
CHF 1.920,-/month (for living costs)
Please note that not all master programmes and universities exempt scholarship holders from semester fees. The scholarship grant covers only living expenses in Switzerland. Therefore it is very necessary that all applicants clarify the possibility of tuition fee exemption directly with the university.
Travel Expenses and Insurance
Recipients from Indonesia pay their own travel expenses to Switzerland, but the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) pays the return ticket (except for family members). The return travel will not be offered if the grantees extend their stay in Switzerland beyond six months after completion of their studies, orif they take up employment or move to a third country.
Health insurance (except for dental care) and accident insurance are provided.
Obligations of a Scholarship Holder
Scholarship holders must live in Switzerland at the study place and must comply with the laws concerning the residence of foreigners in Switzerland and the university regulations. The scholarship holders cannot take family members to Switzerland in the first year of study but they may visit Switzerland on their own costs as a tourist.
When accepting the scholarship, candidates may have to give their written agreement to return to Indonesia after completion of the scholarship in Switzerland. Scholarships of the FCS cannot be cumulated with other scholarships. If the scholarship holders have another scholarship or another financial support (such as salary), they are not entitled to be granted a Swiss scholarship.
Links of Swiss Universities and Federal Institutes of Technology
1. Universität Basel
2. Universität Bern
3. Université de Fribourg
4. Université de Genève
5. Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
6. Université de Lausanne
7. Universität Luzern
8. Université de Neuchâtel
9. Universität St. Gallen
10. Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich
11. Universität Zürich
12.Università della Svizzera italiana
Further information and questions:
Embassy of Switzerland
Contact person: Mrs. Melinda Djohansjah
Tel.: +62 21 525 6061 Ext. 319
==================================Sincerely,Retno WidyastutiHLN MITI Mahasiswa