Members and Friends, Here is some good news! Looking for a good home for your collection of military books or even just a few volumes you hope will find a goodMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2007View SourceMembers and Friends,Here is some good news!Looking for a good home for your collection of military books or even just a few volumes you hope will find a good home? Dan invites you to donate them to the library of the California Military Museum in Old Sacramento.Collect and box them then bring them to the luncheon December 10th. Don't bring them aboard; we can accomplish the transfer in the shed dockside. I will return to Sacramento with them and deliver them to the museum.Preserving California's military history from the Spanish Colonial period to the present.www.militarymuseum.org - 28kThanks,PhelpsPS Dan is a Navy Leaguer. The museum's website goes on forever - lots of good reading. The museum is worth a hour visit when in Sacramento; free admission for veterans.
Military Book Drive
The California State Military Museum, in it efforts to be come the preeminent military history center in California, is seeking donations of the following items for the Major General Walter P. Story Memorial Library:
* Military history books covering all periods and wars, US or
* Books on current national security topics and intelligence.
* Copies of unpublished manuscripts.
* Military periodicals. History, doctrinal, etc.
* Military history videos (VHS, or DVD)
* Oral history transcripts.
* Unclassified doctrinal manuals. Field or training manuals.
* Unclassified technical or repair manuals.
* Scrap books.
* Unit "yearbooks"
Donations are tax deductible and should be sent to:
Maj. Gen. Walter P. Story Memorial Library, 1119 Second St, Sacramento CA 95814.Those books that are duplicates will be offered to other libraries or sold to raise funds for library and research center programs.
Dan Sebby, Director, California State Military Museum
(916) 442-2883, Fax (916) 442-7532