Navy League of the United States Citizens in Support of the Sea Services Pacific Merchant Marine Council In recognition of the International MaritimeMessage 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2010View Source
Navy League of the United States
Citizens in Support of the Sea Services
Pacific Merchant Marine Council
In recognition of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) "2010: Year of the Seafarer" and World Maritime Day, you are cordially invited to our luncheon, a celebratory tribute to our nations Seafarers:
Date: Monday, 20 September 2010
Time: Social 1130 ~ Lunch 1200
Place: Seafarers International Union Hall, 1121 7th Street, Oakland
Cost: $15 with advance reservation by check ~ $20 without
- Menu features build your own sandwiches, pizza, salads, fresh fruit, a decorated cake and beverages.
- Please promptly send reservation check payable to Phelps Hobart to PO Box 191403, Sacramento CA 95819-1403.
- Guests welcome. Complementary lunch for guests who join the Navy League and affiliate with the council and Sea Cadets.
- Popular fund-raising Opportunity to Win (50 - 50 drawing) to support the National Liberty Ship Memorial S. S. JEREMIAH O'BRIEN and the Arkansas Division Sea Cadets. Need not be present to win; 8 tickets $10, 20 tickets $20.
- Donations always welcome they help support the OBRIEN and the Sea Cadets.
- Donations toys, checks, or cash for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots 2010 drive also welcomed.
- On street parking.
- Council board meeting follows the luncheon.
- Next luncheon 1130 Monday, 20 December, National Liberty Ship Memorial SS JEREMIAH OBRIEN, Pier 45
- Information: (916) 739-6949 or (916) 955-3972, PMMC@....
The Navy League of the United States, founded with President Roosevelt's encouragement in 1902, is a civilian organization with approximately 52,000 members. The League reminds the American public and government officials that the United States is a maritime nation and that its national defense and economic well being are dependent upon strong sea services - the Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard and U. S. flag Merchant Marine. NLUS and its 250 councils sponsor activities, events, and awards along with supporting military and Sea Cadet units. Its monthly magazine Sea Power covers United States maritime defense news. Individual, community affiliate, and corporate memberships are available.
The Leagues Pacific Merchant Marine Council, chartered 11 December 2006, supports the United States maritime industry. Luncheon meetings are quarterly. Membership is steadily climbing and its activities continue to expand. It is a member of the Marine Exchange of the San Francisco Bay Region (SFMX), the California Marine & Intermodal Transportation System Advisory Council (CALMITSAC), the Maritime Cabotage Task Force (MCTF) and most recently a sponsor of the 2010 Maritime Industry Congressional Sail-In.