This is a forwarded invitation from St. Vladimir's Seminary:
Orthodox Education Day, Saturday, October 4, 2008, a day-long event with the theme "Holy Icons and Sacred Arts," featuring
* A magnificent, rare collection of 15th to 21st-century Russian icons from The Museum of Russian Icons in Clinton, Massachusetts
* "The Sound of Icons," a musical, visual performance by the Boston Byzantine Choir
* Keynote "Holy Images or 'Sacred Art'? Perceptions of Icons in Contemporary Society," by Dr. Vasileios Marinis, Kallinikeion Assistant Professor of Byzantine Art, Queens College
* Artisans demonstrating their fine iconography in various media, from egg tempera paint to exquisite embroidery
* Worship services and educational workshops throughout the day
A full .pdf of both the event and schedule for OED 2008 are attached, or you may visit our Web site www.svots.edu for further information. We welcome not only visitors, but anyone interested in participating as an artisan, as a cook or helper in a food booth, or as a choir member.
Belgrade Theological Student Choir, Free Concert, Friday, September 12, 2008 7:30 p.m.
Hailing from Belgrade, Serbia, this seminary choir will offer a program featuring multi-part Russian Orthodox liturgical hymns in Slavonic and traditional Byzantine chant following the typikon of Mount Athos.
For further information see our Web site www.svots.edu
You have received this e-mail because you opted to do so. If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list please click here http://www.purehost.com/utils/UnSubscribeMe.bml?Name=ph.d30014124&List=HTOC_email_list&Email=nina_dimas_42@...