Since we Americans are the inheritors of these Russian efforts, does anyone know whether anyone from the USA has been invited to participate in this roundtable?
[Unedited machine translation] http://www.patriarchia.ru/db/text/3102883.html
Moscow to host round table on "America's Spiritual Heritage of Russian and Russian-American relations"
July 16, 2013 16:49
July 17, 2013, the press center of the newspaper "Evening Moscow" will be a round table on "America's Spiritual Heritage of Russian and Russian-American relations."
Over the last years, in close collaboration of the Russian Orthodox Church and the Russian Academy of Sciences and with the active support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and the U.S. Embassy in Moscow is developing study of the spiritual and cultural heritage of Russian America - a unique historical phenomenon linked to the development of the Pacific coast of North America Russian pioneers, industrialists and Orthodox missionaries.
Roundtable participants will talk about the work of the archives revealed previously unknown facts from the history of the exploration and development of Alaska Orthodox Mission in North America, about scientific conferences on the subject, which took place in Russia and the United States in recent years.About the remaining elements of the Russian spiritual and cultural traditions, little-known languages of the peoples of Alaska tell domestic researchers, as well as scientific director and member of the research expedition "Alaska 2011", which has made more than a thousand-kilometer crossing the rivers interior of Alaska.In addition, the participants of the round table will discuss the experiences and perspectives of youth and student exchanges, which would promote the study of the spiritual heritage of Russian America, both in Russia and in the United States, as well as the positive development of Russian-American cultural dialogue.
The round table will bring together
* Metropolitan Kliment of Kaluga and Borovsky , chairman of the Publishing Council of the Russian Orthodox Church, Ph.D., author of the seminal work "The History of the Orthodox Church in Alaska before 1917";
* VN Vinokourov, the Ambassador of the Russian Federation Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Executive Secretary of the Joint Russian-American Presidential Commission;
* AI Kupriyanov, chief editor of the newspaper "Evening Moscow";
* AY Petrov, Doctor of Historical Sciences, a leading researcher at the Center for North American Studies of the Institute of World History, scientific director of the expedition "Alaska 2011";
* AA Kibrik, Ph.D., a leading researcher at the Institute of Linguistics;
* MB Bergelson, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Linguistics and Information Technology Faculty of Foreign Languages and Area Studies of the Moscow State University;
* AS Chizhikova, Ph.D., associate professor RSUH;
* Fr Macarius (Komogorov), assistant chairman of the Publications Board, member of the expedition "Alaska-2011."
In order to participate in a round table attended by representatives of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow.
Starts at 15:00. Address: Paper pr 14, page 2, third floor.
Questions can be sent to: pc@...
. Accreditation for media representatives by phone. 8 (499) 557-04-24, dob.187, 8 (910) 002-91-60, 8 (903) 765-43-17, e-mail: pc@...
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]