The Nile River mailing list is managed by the Nile Basin Society (NBS)(http://nilebasin.com - http://niledialogue.org/discus/ - http://dgroups.org/groups/nile-dialogue), a Federally-registered, transparent and democratic Canadian NGO with open free membership to citizens/residents of Nile Basin countries and Canada. We welcome affiliation/partnership with both NGOs (international and local), governments (federal or local) as well as private sector.
It aims at promoting sustainable equitable water resources development of all Nile riparian countries through basin-wide cooperation. The list hopes to achieve that through open discussions and sharing of information concerning Nile politics and environmental issues.
We are looking forward to your active participation in sharing information, readings, news, web sites and opinions regarding the River Nile. There are no limits to the subjects that can be discussed.
Some of the topics that are welcome are those related to:
- EIA of land and water resource projects in the Nile Basin.
- The politics of Nile waters and the potential of conflict and efforts at conflict resolution.
- Quality and quantity of the Nile waters.
- Official Devlopment Aid (OAD) for projects related to water and agricultural land resources development projects along the Nile.
- History and geography of the Nile.
- The effects of global warming and El-Nino on the Nile water.
- International law and the Nile.
- Book reviews.
- Web sites review.
- Articles published in National and international media.
Again the list is not an exclusive one. Any topic related to the Nile is welcome.
Dr. Nabil El-Khodari
Nile Basin Society founder
- New Members
- New Messages
- New Photos
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.