Some comments on Eric Bruun's post.
1. I wouldn't really trust any data produced by a motoring organisation.
2. However, I think there is a case for saying that not enough in spent on
maintaining local roads.
3. Could this be addressed by downgrading some minor roads so that they can only
be used by authorised vehicles ?
4. Has the increased weight of goods vehicles helped to make things worse ?
5. Could local authorities escape litigation by posting lower speed limits on
roads that aren't up to standard ?
6. The motorist should have one consolation: cutting off money for maintaining
roads doesn't actually prevent motorists from making journeys -- rail and bus
users are not so fortunate.