So here on the details. And it was a great hunt.
Eight cars !
I am going to list the participants by mileage:
1. At 9.1 corrected miles, "Silo" Bob KD8HNF and Frank KD8OHS.
They clocked in at 8:43PM
2. At 10.6 corrected miles, that Incredible team from Muskegon,
Jim KC8PCJ, Dave KD8OCZ, Cathy and Nancy,
Jeff W8SWX along with Brenda and Nathan.
This team was the first to show up at 7:54 PM
3. At 13.2 miles, Jack K8CYV and Barb KD8FBY, the "other" Muskegon
They clocked in at 8:44 PM.
4. At 13.8 miles, Mike W8DER, Jim KD8CAN, and Robert KC8USP
They clocked in at 8:23 PM
5. At 24.5 miles, 3 of them swimming, James K8JHR and Chuck AJ8W.
They clocked in at 8:43 PM
6. At 25.8 miles, "Smiling" Hank KA8COB, Sara KD8JOB and Todd KD8OQH.
They clocked in at 8:34 PM
7. At 33.1 miles, Don KG8UH and Dave N8NBU.
They clocked in at 8:45 PM.
The winners by mileage are KD8HNF and KD8OHS. I looked at the
route they took, and there is no way to go any shorter.
At the same time, as a "veteran" Fox Hunter, we have to tip our
collective hats to this Amazing group of people out of Muskegon. This is
only their second showing, and they took names. The Muskegon group took
in 2nd AND 3rd for mileage, and 1st for time. I think a monster has been
awakened. What is going to happen when they get "good" ! :) I looked at
their map and all their bearings were dead on, including the very first
I have to take a moment and make a special note of thanks to one
person. And that is Jim Leys, KD8ACN. Jim is the one who is always
handling the clipboard and taking names and mileage readings at the
start location. I think Jim has done this over 20 times now, and his
work and attitude is so very much appreciated.
I can safely state that this was a very fun hunt. Sheila and I had
a great time (watching the teams coming in, and just waiting !)
Thank you to all the folks involved.
And a note to anyone reading this email who did not participate.
Sheila and I took an unusual step to actually post pictures of the
hiding location before the hunt. You can see these pictures at :
Now, to dust off our Df'ing equipment
Sheila K8AJ and Tom K8TB