This group is being started to help adults who where born, gave birth or where taken care of at the Maternity Shelter in Greenville, SC. The shelter was located at 1200 Pendleton Street. Many babies were given up for adoption from this shelter. The shelter was open from the 1930's to the 1960's. If you were born here, gave birth here, volunteered here or worked here, we would be very grateful for any information you could give us concerning the shelter. Birthmothers had very few options except to give their babies up. Now it is time to reestablish the bond between a mother and a child that was never broken.
In last 7 days
Family & Home/Parenting/Adoption/Adoptees
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.
Group Email Addresses